Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's never too early to plan a birthday party!

I'm really into early planning and being prepared for what's to come. So I want to get a start on planning Cayle's birthday party.

As far as a theme, Cayle has really gotten into pirates. He watches a lot of Jake and the Neverland Pirates. And sometimes he calls me "Pirate Mommy" so what better way embrace that than a pirate birthday party/ Neverland Pirates party? I really enjoyed the venue I booked last year, but I am considering having the party at my house this year and renting a bouncy house in the shape of a Pirate ship. Cayle's parties aren't very big since I'm not close with my extended family and working at Regis killed my social life I don't have many friends anymore. And as far as food goes Daddy has volunteered to be King Of The Grill and do burgers and hot dogs.

Having the party at my house would cut the cost down a bit and with the leftover money I would like to take Cayle to Gatlinburg for a weekend. Just the two of us. It would be our first trip together. We could stay in a little cottage for $75 a night and maybe go to the aquarium or museums or something. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet. We may even be able to find something a little cheaper. But it'll be fun if I can pull it off!

I have a lot of expenses coming up within the next 5-7 months with the holidays and birthdays and festivities I hope I can pull it all off. If I prep now I know I can. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea for his party! Anytime you can nurture their interests, it is a good thing. :) Having it at your house sounds like a great idea. (That is what we are doing this year.) I can't wait to hear what else you have planned!

    ReplyDelete