Sunday, March 14, 2010

Soulmates Really Do Happen.

I had always wanted my own fairytale. For the longest..I was fooling myself into thinking I had it. But I had a blessing in disguise. Then I met Adam. I haven't known him for more than four months or so..but that doesn't matter. It's the connection we've shared since day one. From day one all he wanted was to be let in my life. I was scared to death to let anyone in again..or even close enough to touch me. I thought I should just give up. Cinderella stories didn't exist...at least not for me. But was I wrong. Adam went through hell and high water just to be with me. It didn't matter what time it was. I could call him and just talk to him whenever I was lonely or just needed a listening ear. He let me cry on my shoulder. He still does..but I really don't cry much anymore. We shared our first kiss on new years eve. I had never felt that much of a spark from a kiss ever. Adam took the pieces of my heart. Dusted them off. Put them back together. And taught my heart how to love again. I have never felt more at home in anyones arms more than I do his. He knew there was a big responsibility when it came to being with me. His name is Cayle..but you know what..he took it on. He loves Cayle as if he was his own child. Sometimes I catch myself calling him Cayle's daddy. We call him our child..because in a way..it feels to me like Cayle belonged to him all along. I may have fallen fast for Adam. But I like it that way. He's my best friend. My lover. My soul mate. I honestly feel like he's the one I've been needing in my life all along. He's made me feel like soul mates really do happen. When I look at the big picture it makes sense. Usually people meet the ones they want to spend the rest of their life with around the age I am right now. He told me even before we were together that he loved me and that no one could ever love me as much as he does. He swore to make every moment together perfect. And he has. He told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And honestly. I want that more than anything. Soul mates do happen. And Adam Lingle is mine. He proved to me that I deserve my fairy tale. I love falling asleep in his arms. Even though he says I'm a bed hog. Well..he snores. Hehe. But that's what it's about..loving a person for everything they are..not just the things you like about them..its the perfect combination of bed headed mornings and date nights where he dresses up just for me. This is real. This is forever. And I'm sure as hell the happiest I've ever been. I tell everyone that I'm in love. And it's true. As Adam says "This is it baby. You want to know what it's going to be like in ten years.? This is it. Twenty.? This is it. Thirty.? This." My heart has never been happier. Next summer we're getting our place together and from there on out..it'll be Adam, Cayle, and me. My two favorite men in the world..besides my daddy. This is how I always hoped my life would be. I wanted happiness..and I have it. I don't have to ever worry about it going away. My soul mate is here. Adam Lingle. I love you. Far longer than forever. As constant as a star..

No comments:

Post a Comment