Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gatlinburg post && updates.

Gatlinburg was a nice getaway. We didn't do as much as usual but relaxing at the cabin was exactly what I needed. Friday morning, I rode up with Daddy and Cayle. We picked up my brother and his wife at the airport. And rode up to the cabin. Later that day Mom, my younger brother and his friend made it. We just relaxed that day. Saturday, I went and got a manicure. It was very relaxing. Mom and I went to the Carter's outlet and I got Cayle tons of new clothes. Including a saint patty's day shirt. And we went to the outlet mall and I got tons of new shirts from rue 21. And I loved being able to find dressy things. I got troy an Aquarius necklace from this hippy store. He likes the zodiac signs and he has an Aquarius tattoo on his hand. Monday we went to the Bass Pro shop and went on home and I hit the ground running and went to school. Cayle really enjoyed our time in the cabin. We slept in the same bed. That was an interesting experience. He insisted on being awake until 1 a.m. and falling asleep with his feet in my face while sleeping horizontally in the bed. Yeah. That was nice. But I had fun nonetheless.











Troy and I are doing fantastic. We are having our first dinner date this week. And for some reason I'm nervous/excited. I just get to thinking about us so much..and he's just so sweet and sincere and the nice things he does I appreciate so much more after going through everything in my past. I've learned that holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. So I've made peace with all of it. And I've left it where it needs to be...in the past. I'm falling for him. And the more time we spend together the happier I become. I feel very happy for the first time in a long time. And I feel blessed.

Another thing I'm learning is to stand on my own 2 feet when it comes to myself and my decisions. I stood up this weekend. I confessed my decision to get a tattoo on my birthday, my plans to move to Knoxville, and told my parents about Troy. My mom kind of hurt my feelings by not telling me she was happy for me..so I confronted her. And it worked out. I told them of my plans to get a tattoo..and got no response really. The same with my plans to move to Knoxville. And I don't know whether to press them or not. But I am realizing I'm an adult. I'm 20 (almost) years old and I can make my own decisions and don't need mommy and daddy's okay to do so. And it feels good. I need to do what makes me happy and what makes me feel independent and right by my son. And if I want to do something to please myself along the way then so be it. I need to feel more independent and I'm going to do so. As long as I'm not going crazy partying my butt off instead of mothering my kid I think I'll be okay. I'm responsible, mature, and pretty respectful so why not.?

Poor Cayle isn't feeling too hot. He's been throwing up since yesterday. And can't keep much down. So please keep him in your thoughts. And make sure you keep your hands (and your babies hands) clean. There's a bug going around for sure. :/

School is about the same as always. Boring. And I'm glad it's almost over. I do one roller set every week. That's about it. PLEASE let me cut your hair if you like my work.!! Save me from pure boredom.!! My sister-in-law has spilled the beans about my graduation present. She's giving me her old hair cutting shears. They're 200 dollar shears.!! She's getting them fixed up and sharpened and sending them my way.! And if I finish by April 15th she is getting me a pair of notching shears. I want a pair of those SOOOOOOO bad. So my goal is to finish by then. Fingers crossed.!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good vacation! Chris' mom is supposed to be taking us all to Gatlinburg sometime this year.

    I hope Cayle feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete