Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!!

Today was a really lazy day to be perfectly honest. We ate ribs and BBQ and laid around the house. Cayle went swimming and I took pictures of him. Around 6 ish Cayle and I played with sparklers and poppers waiting for it to get dark. And late tonight we shot off a bunch of fireworks. And I got to mark an item off my bucket list by lighting a firework myself!! Cayle really seemed to like the colors and lights, but he didn't care too much for the explosion part of it. He sat in my lap with his ears covered. And a bottle rocket misfired and almost hit me. That's one way to 'see the light'.

An update. I'm taking my State Board Exams July 31st. I'm scared to death. I'm also getting 8 extra hours on my check next week by covering a shift for the other receptionist. Lord knows I need the money. I need the help. I also set up Cayle's toddler bed to try to get him used to it for when it's time to switch. He's trying to climb out occasionally. Daddy and I were also talking about Cayle getting ready for school today..and he said he needs to go to a private school. I told him there was no way in hell I could afford that. He offered to pay for it. I don't know how I feel about all that. I'm the mom I should pay for Cayle's wants and needs. That I didn't want to end up like my dead beat sister (which apparently my words of wisdom didn't hit home because she's still doing the same crap). I don't know. I have a while to think about it. So I guess we'll see..I also got some more house stuff last week. I also had a gift card to Khols and stepped out of my comfort zone majorly and bought a summer dress. First time I've worn anything but jeans during Summer in a very long time.





2 comments:

  1. Grandparents pay for stuff all the time. Spoiling your grandkids is one of the joys of being a grandparent. It's not like you went to him looking for a handout or demanded it. He offered. Surely he wouldn't offer if he didn't want to do it. If you think a private school would be best for Cayle, then let your daddy help you out. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of help :)

    Also, the dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good 4th. :) And yay for marking that off your bucket list! lol I'm with Christina, I like the dress. Is that your new one?

    Did you go to private school? I think it is a good idea if he does. And maybe over time you can start taking over the payments. I know you don't want them to have to pay, but it is important that he gets a good education and is in a good environment. And this way you have an actual choice in where he is at.

    Good luck on your exams! You can do it! Just study hard! When do you take the second part?

    ReplyDelete