Monday, September 17, 2012

There's so many ways I can go with this...

I've talked the subject to death about moving out and being on my own with everything. And I'm hoping by Spring I will be able to. It all depends on clientele base. I have to have regulars coming to me and making a decent amount of money before I move. Because I refuse to move out and struggle. I refuse to be like my sister..who I no longer claim.

But to get to the point.. I definitely want a duplex to start out in. That way I can buddy up my neighbor and we can watch over the place while the other is away and what not. But I've also given thought to maybe instead of buying a regular house after a few years, purchasing a town home. I LOVE them. They're so adorable! and actually very spacious, and they have them in the area of town I want to be in. Which is great. I would like to have one with 3 bedrooms. They even have an attic for storage.

Now for the loop. My car is continuing to spiral downward. And I have no idea what I'm going to do. Tonight on my way home (in the rain) the windshield wiper on the driver's side decides to stop working. Greaaat. Not only that but the check engine light is back on and the service light too. I need a new car, but I really have no idea on what I can do at this point. Getting a new car is out of the question for one because it will keep me home longer and I have no credit. And it will take half of my check which will prolong living at home even more. And it's not that living at home is unbearable. It's just lonely (I'm on a completely opposite schedule from everyone else) for one, and two I have nowhere to put my things so I constantly live in a mess so that puts a real damper on my mood when I'm constantly being told to clean up. Clean up?? I have no where to put anything. How can I clean. And I just need a little freedom. I want to be able to go out without asking where to. I want to be able to walk around and not be afraid someone's going to see my tattoo (yes, they still haven't seen it). And just do family things with Cayle without question or anything.

I'm doing all I can right now. But it's just one of those days where it doesn't feel like enough. I budget, I save, I invest. What else can I do?

2 comments:

  1. A townhome is a great idea! Those are really nice neighborhoods usually. I have heard a lot of them have home owners association fees, but that means that you know things will be kept neat and people will make sure to stay out of trouble.

    Hmm..The only advice I have about a car is to use your income tax. I'd think you'd make enough by the end of the year to file taxes and claim Cayle, and you should get a few thousand for claiming him as an earned income credit alone. We have never made payments on a car. We always pay in cash with income tax, instead of blowing it, we have a car that works. And it is worth it. We have had our Aveo for 3 years now. We paid $3,500.00 and have not had to fix one thing on it since we got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely agree with Brittany on the income tax thing. I know it's hard to spend all that money at once. Trust me, come January, we will be putting $4500 on our new vehicle, and just the thought of it makes me sick, but then I remember that it is what is best for my babies.

    Maybe just try to save some, and then put whatever you manage to save with your income tax to by a nicer used car.

    ReplyDelete