Thursday, October 14, 2010

My letter to Cayle (rough draft.)

I wanted to write him a letter to give him on his birthday instead of a card.

Dear Cayle,
You've grown so much over the past year, and here in a few weeks you will be walking alone. I want you to know that I love you more than anything and I'm always going to be here for you whenever you need me. You've taught me how strong I really am and how tough I can be, and I can't thank you enough for that. You've shown me what it means to be a good mom and how to love someone and support them unconditionally. All I want is to see you happy and to have a family that loves you. And trust me, you've got the family part down. And I want to make sure I can do everything in my power to make you proud of me. I want you to know everything I do is for you. We've had so many good times together. I remember bringing you home and just holding you for hours and enjoying every minute of it. I remember all your firsts, like your first bath and tooth. There's still so much I want to show you and still so many things I want us to do together. It feels like I just found out I was pregnant with you yesterday. We've had some bad times too, but they've only made us a stronger family. God has blessed us. He really has. He's led us to where we are now. And I thank him every day for you. You are my life, and this letter can do no justice to how much I love and care for you. I hope for you and I to always be best friends who play together, share secrets, and maybe one day get matching tattoos (haha kidding.!). I'm always here for you to talk to no matter how big or small the problem is. I know there are probably some things that will be harder for you to tell me than others, but I will never love you any less. I love you more and more as each day goes by. I want you to have the happiest birthday and many more to come. I'll be here for them all. I hope someday we can look through the photos and see how much you've changed and grown. It's hard to believe my baby boy is growing up on me. I wish I could keep you small, but as far as I know, there's no way to do so. So I will enjoy you growing up and all the memories we've made and will make together. Life for us is heading in a very positive direction, and I couldn't be happier. I love you with all my heart. Happy Birthday to my dearest baby boy.

xoxox love,
mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love it! I wrote Grace a letter when she was a month old (I wrote it inside of a card), and I was going to that again for her birthday.. great minds think alike lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! I think it is sweet and I know what you mean about being Best Friends. I Love writing things for Sami to read when she gets older. I wish my Mom would have done that when I was little.

    ReplyDelete