Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2nd, 2010 will live in my memory forever..

I can still remember where I was this time last year. I was preparing for the birth on my son, Cayle. Nervous, but excited because I knew then I'd never be alone. Never not have a reason for living anymore. And a year later...I'm engaged..to Adam. As of October 2nd 2010. Tonight couldn't have been better if I had asked for it. He took me to my favorite japanese place to eat dinner, Ichiban. We talked about his trip and what I did while he was gone. We talked about the ruby falls haunted cavern and how excited we were. We talked about Cayle and just everything. We caught up. We drove all the way to Ruby Falls. Waiting outside was kinda nerve wracking. There were people getting in your face and stuff. They played a7x which helped me keep my cool. I get real nervous about these kinda things. We went through....and I didnt even scream a one time Hahahaha. I jumped a couple times because the actors were banging on metal barrels and stuff..but other than that it was just fun. Adam and I laughed more than anything. I'm glad I went through..because now I can say I've been and I wasn't scared. :)..but after bring underground we went through a maze..not gonna lie..that was kinda freaky..but not too bad. After the maze, we walked back to the car. We stood outside and cooled off because it was hot in the haunted house stuff. But when we got in the car I started to turn it on and adam asked me to wait..and he told me he had something he wanted to tell me...and it went like this..

Him: "I really missed you while I was away. And I want you to know I love you..so much, and I really do wanna be with you forever."
Me " I missed you too. And I love you too. You've loved me unconditionally..and Cayle.."
Him "But the point is, I love you both..and I have something I need to ask you.."
Me: "What is it.?"
Him: " Erica, will you marry me.?"
Me : "Yes. I love you Adam."

I cried a little..and all I could do is sit with my face burried in his chest. And look up every so often and kiss him..he played our songs on the way home..I've never been this happy in my life..not since cayle was born..and his sperm donor leaving us in the dust..It was really the best thing to happen, and it proves that things happen for a reason. I guess it's hit me...Adam's here to stay, and im gonna be his bride.!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I am so happy for you guys! That is just great! It really is :)YAY!

    Hope you guys can come next weekend :) Chris' mom already said she would watch Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete