Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Hearts Day.!

Valentine's Day was actually really nice this year. Cayle got up. We opened our cards and spent the day together. We colored Valentine pictures courtesy of familyfun.go.com. We ate snacks and watched movies. We really need to find more to do. Same old same old just doesn't do it anymore. Maybe when it warms up we can go to the zoo and Coolidge park and I can take him to ride the carousel. I'd like to take him somewhere special this weekend..the only question is...where.?

Today was Troy's birthday. Poor guy. His allergies were acting up so he wasn't feeling 100%, but we still managed to enjoy each other for Valentine's day. We had pizza and birthday cake. And spent quality time together for Valentine's day cuddled up on the couch. It's so nice to have something so easy and so...true. You know.? Everything I've had before..was always based on lies and secrets..and its like a breath of fresh air knowing that that's not the case this time. Troy is as real as they come. And I can really tell. He met mom over the weekend. She seems to like him so that's a good sign. Now he has to meet one of the most important men in my life..Daddy. Cayle got to spend some time with him too. He really warmed up to him. He sat in his lap and played with his phone and wouldn't let me pick him up. Troy didn't seem to mind so I'm happy. :) I'm trying to ease into the 3 of us spending time together. I want them both to be comfortable. And so far so good.

My trip to New Orleans is in two and a half weeks.!! It'll be Daddy, Cayle, and me.! I am super excited. I'll be on a picture taking frenzy.! From what I've heard, New Orleans (I call is NOLA for future reference) is somewhat of a culture shock. But as long as I don't have to eat craw fish or alligator I think I can handle it. Daddy and I have NEVER taken a trip without the rest of the family so this should be pretty nice. I think Cayle will enjoy it too. In my Valentine's Day card from Daddy he mentioned how excited he was for our trip. By the way..the card is leopard print. How perfect is that.?




No comments:

Post a Comment