Thursday, February 16, 2012

Randomness.!!

Today was tense. My brother had his surgery yesterday. It went well..but I'm guessing not everyone is used to being at the house all at the same time so it was kinda stressful. I was somewhat happy to be getting out of the house to go to school..even though I really wasn't excited about sitting around for 5 hours. I went to the craft store first hoping to find some things for my scrapbook for a page for New Orleans..and what do you know.?? I found some New Orleans stickers to put in there.! That made me happy. So I got that and some glittery purple card stock and went on to school. My friend is taking her maternity leave soon. I'm kind of upset about it because she's the only person I really talk to at night. But it'll be good for her so I'm happy for that..because I know right now her heart isn't in hair school. But I went to talk to the other girls in the basics class. They're really fun. We sat and painted our nails and just made jokes for the night. I curled their hair too. I got a txt around 8 from Troy. It said "I just got off work. Are you still at school.?" And I said yes. He told me to stay put. And 15 minutes later he came to see me.!! I was so happy. It was a nice surprise. I went to hug him and he had something behind his back. He pulled out a teddy bear for me. It was sweet. I wasn't expecting that, but the fact he thought about me and came to see me at school definitely made me feel so much better about the day. I feel so blessed to have someone who cares so much about me. I'll miss him when Cayle and I go to NOLA. But this trip is something I've wanted to do for quite some time and I don't want to miss the opportunity. 14 days and I'll be there.!

This weekend Christina, Brittany, and I are getting the babies together for a play date. I can't wait. I haven't done a play date in quite some time. Cayle needs to be around kids more. He just has me to be honest. We do a lot together..but I think it would be good to have him around other kids too. Friday night, Troy and I plan to go see Ghost Rider II. That's what he wanted to do for his birthday. It comes out Friday. Saturday I want to devote to Cayle. I'm thinking (if it's pretty) a trip to the zoo. If we can be out of the house..we will. It's crowded right now. Saturday night, Troy's band plays. And this is the first show I can get into since we started dating. The past shows have all been for ages 21 and up. I wish I was turning 21 this year. I hate living in a town where 90% of the entertainment requires you to be 21 or older. I don't want to be 21 for the sake of consuming alcohol. I want to be 21 so I can get in anywhere without there being an issue. You know.? But either way..I'm very excited to see him play. I know it means a lot to him. And I want to support him. Sunday I would also like to devote to Cayle. If we can be out of the house on the weekend..we will.

Speaking of being crowded...I'm so ready to move out. When I can get expenses paid for (birthdays..holidays..etc.) I can buy house stuff. It's just been hard because my money has been tight. Mom hours are halved so my pay is a little tight. But that's okay. Because I'm still thankful to have what I have. I mean that. But soon things will be back to normal and I can buy/save a little more freely.

I've been working on my cooking some. I made homemade potato soup and corn muffins the other day. It turned out pretty tasty. The soup was a little thin but this is trial and error. I'll know what to do different next time. Tonight I think I'll look online and find recipes to put in my book. I have this three ring binder with slip covers for printed recipes. Any that I would probably make and/or try I'll print off. And if anyone knows any good recipes please send them my way. :)

Also, I thought this was really pretty and wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going good for the most part. I didn't know you were going to New Orleans. What for? That sounds fun!


    I can't wait to see you guys later today. Samantha AND I Love playdates!

    ReplyDelete