Thursday, December 20, 2012

A day dedicated to Christmas spirit.

Today Cayle and I got up early and went to JC Penney portrait studio and got Christmas portraits done. I am very happy with how they turned out for the most part. There were some I didn't look so fabulous in but Cayle's smile made all the pictures shine. I really enjoy that we can do this kind of thing together as a family. After our portraits, we went to the ornament kiosk and picked out our annual family ornament. Cayle picked out an ornament with a mommy snowman and a baby snowman hanging on to a candy cane. We had our names put on it and Cayle loved it! He held onto it the whole time. I got us some cookies and took him to play for a little while. He was so happy to be able to run around for a little bit. While out shopping I managed to find 2 new shirts. One for the Christmas party at work and one for new years eve. I'm excited about that.

My heart just isn't in the Christmas spirit this year. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I think it has a lot to do with working long hours and not being with my friends or my family. I've missed out on plays, parades, dinners, family get together's, and more. I hate it. But when I'm away from work, I try to do so much with Cayle to make up for what I have missed. I hope some Christmas cheer comes my way Christmas morning when Cayle opens all of his gifts.


I've decided that I'm going to make 2013 a year of bettering myself. I want to take better care of myself. I want to upgrade everything. My car being the main thing. I want an orange Ford Edge. I'm definitely staying true to the saying "If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough". And purchasing something that costs thousands of dollars definitely puts the fear into me. But fear aside, this is part of my 2013 bettering process. Everything in my life that is run down, old, or not as good as it can be I am changing. And it's not just materialistic things (though some of it is) it's more about my mentality, my health, my job, my parenting. Everything that goes with being me and everything that I bring to the table. I want to be the best I can be.
It's all about the things I put my mind to. I've proven to myself that I can do anything...so why should bettering myself and making my life a little easier be any different? 2013 WILL consist of:

1. New Car
2. New duplex/apartment/town home
3. Healthier lifestyle
4. New job with a schedule closer to 9-5
5. Happier outlook
6. A better mom for the best little boy in the world.

Sound like a lot..but bring it on. And in the mean time, I will be doing everything to get into the Christmas spirit...maybe it'll take Christmas morning actually being here and being with the family. But it'll get there. I just need to stay positive right?


Our New Ornament.



The car I WILL get this year. Go Big or Go Home.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I am sorry you aren't in the spirit. I understand why. :/

    I hope you can meet all your goals easily for the next year! Sounds like you have a lot to accomplish, but that is great!

    You mentioned you wanted a new job. I know Regis was your dream job, so what do you want to do now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to do hair. And if Regis would work with me on my schedule I would stay there..but I need something closer to 9-5. For Cayle. I love my co workers at Regis and my clients...but Cayle is number one. So maybe something more privately owned.

    ReplyDelete