Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our annual trip to Rock City

I'm trying to do a few different things to get into the Christmas spirit this year. Surprisingly, it's difficult this year. So I bought a gingerbread house for Cayle and me to make. Unfortunately, it was too complicated to put together so I think we'll find a simpler one and put together. Maybe make some gingerbread men and decorate those with the candies I saved from the other.

That night we went to Rock City's Garden of lights. Cayle really enjoyed it this year! He loved to point out all the colors and the different things like the snow flakes and the elves. He really looked forward to seeing Santa. I'm glad we got to go this year! I was scared that work would prevent it from happening.. But somehow I managed to pull it off. Maybe next year I will have a better schedule and we won't have to worry about things like that..

Here are some pictures from our trip!







I've wrapped all of my presents. Got everyone shopped for. I even got Cayle a few more things. I got him a Bubble Guppies DVD, a Christmas ornament, and one of those Melissa and Doug instrument sets. They're all under the tree waiting for Christmas morning. I need to get some stocking stuffers for Cayle and maybe a new brush for mom since hers has mysteriously gone missing. I wonder who took it (sarcasm. It was more than likely my neighbor breaking into houses again). But other than that, everything is good to go.

As far as work goes...I'm about to get really angry and blow my top. The guy at work that I don't like..he belittled me in front of my client the other day. My client liked Patrick's (that's the jackass I work with) haircut and wanted me to create that look. That's no problem. So I simply asked Patrick whether he clipper cut his hair or if he used scissors all over. And his response was "I dunno what does it look like?" And then came over and tried to "teach me" how to cut hair. Honestly, I could've been a barber. I can do a mean men's cut. I didn't need his help. I just wanted to know what he used so I could get the same effect. And that pissed me off. And I said to him after his little "lesson" "All I wanted to know is what you do to your hair. I didn't need that extra" And he walked off. I can cut circles around that prick. And to top it all off..my boss called me in on my day off because I was out sick all weekend. I wouldn't have been out on Sunday but she made me leave. And made it sounded like I partied my ass off all weekend. Nope. I was home. In bed. Sick. She made it sound like I was a no good employee and that I wasn't responsible. And the very thought of Regis makes me blood boil right now. I am at that point where if/when Patrick decides to pop off on me like that again I will say something and I don't give a rat's ass who's around to hear it. And I am NOT going to be nice about it. I've kept it professional for the entire time I've been there. I've kept my negative comments and opinions to myself. But I worked too damn hard to get through college to put up with that crap from someone who doesn't even belong in a hair salon. Call me judgmental, but I don't think straight men need to be doing anything in hair salons other than coming in for a service. Patrick is a womanizer. He is married with 3 kids and has gotten into trouble numerous times for sexual harassment and gambling. I've had women come in telling me that he makes them uncomfortable when he goes as far as to rub their shoulders or something of that nature. He's a piece of work. And honestly, I cannot wait for the next pop off he makes. I am blowing my top. For sure. My boss won't fire him. He's her little pet. And it doesn't surprise me that she stood by and let him talk to me like that the other day. I am at wit's end. And once this loan comes through I am out!

As far as car shopping goes. I've narrowed my choices down to a Honda Pilot or a Chevrolet Equinox. Black, silver, white, or orange in color. I really want an orange one though! With around 30-60 thousand miles on it. Anywhere between 2006-2008 year. Preferably a black or grey interior. With a way to listen to my iPod. I hate the radio. If I go after something I want I go big. And this is what I want and no matter what I have to do. I'm gonna make this happen. I feel like I deserve it. And almost in a way..it'll be like a fresh start. There's a lot of negativity surrounded around my Volvo...fights with Adam.. him trashing the front of it..long drives home from bad nights. You know..that kind of thing. So this fresh start is what I think I need to feel better. I'm going to try and go test drive a few next month or so and see what I like and what I don't like. We'll see..but in the mean time..anything positive is welcome..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl,

    Sorry to hear it is hard for you to celebrate this year. I assume it is the stress of working. :(

    Sounds like that guy is seriously rude, but I thought that the day I came in for you to do my hair and he was being rude about it. Instead of helping you learn to do what he thought you could do better, he just kept putting you down saying you needed to learn.

    Sounds like you have really put a lot of thought into the car you want. I hope you get it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy sounds like a prick! I thought he was gone after you told me he got busted for gambling. Crazy that she won't fire him!

    You've def got a plan for your car! That's great! One thing, bright cars statistically get pulled over more because they are more noticeable, and because of that, some insurance companies charge hirer rates.

    ReplyDelete