Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Getting ready for the holidays.

Today Cayle and I decorated the Christmas tree. He really liked helping this year. He actually kind of knows what Christmas is and he's really excited. For his Christmas I have him a scooter, a story book, some house shoes, lots of hot wheels, a big truck, Charlie Brown's Christmas movie, some rubber ducks, a mega blocks table, a toddler bed set, and a few other little things like some new sippy cups. I will probably continue to pick up little things until Christmas though. It's hard to shop for him when he has so much already!

Next week I am planning for us to go to Rock City and to get our family ornaments made. I want to get him a special one made and one for the both of us for when the day finally comes to move out. I am really looking forward to getting to go to Rock City. We go once a year for the Christmas lights. And I know he will enjoy being with me. This Saturday, I am taking Cayle to the Elf Workshop down at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. My friend who works there got us free tickets! I'm so excited. I'm not exactly sure what's there, but my friend really wants Cayle to see it. So I guess we will see.

Work was so exciting tonight. I had this guy come in and we got to talking while I was cutting his hair and he told me he was a member of this band I really like called deathklok! I had never seen pictures of them (their music is in a tv show on adult swim I watch occasionally) but I couldn't help but be a little star struck! Now I can say that I've done celebrity hair! How awesome! Also, my business cards came in!



I've been thinking a lot about moving out and everything..and I've decided to put moving out on hold and invest in a new car. I don't want to be in a position where my current car gives out on me and I have no means of transportation while I'm out on my own. Granted, a new car can break down, but the chances of that would be slimmer than what they are now. I'm trying to see it as an investment towards moving out. And if I have to I can pick up a third shift a couple nights a week somewhere. I'm up all night anyways. I don't know. I just feel like I should get a new car before I move. I don't see my Volvo lasting forever. My ex fiance trashed the front of it and the check engine light never stays off for more than a week or so. It gets me from point A to B, but I don't see it lasting much longer and I think the safest thing to do would be to get something newer and more reliable. And I've also considered simply skipping renting a place and go straight to buying. I want a town home. It's the perfect size for me and Cayle. 3 bedrooms would be ideal but I would be happy with 2. I really think if I play my cards right I can make it all happen and have exactly what I want out of my life. A new car and a beautiful home are goals right now. And if that means I have to stay at home in order to reach it I guess that won't be so bad. Cayle is happy here..and maybe after I get things up and rolling it won't be too much longer until things are where I want them to be. Only time will tell.











2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a lot is going on. So exciting that Cayle is getting the concept of Christmas. Sounds like you got him some pretty cool stuff.

    The Elf Workshop looks like a lot of fun! We were going to take Sam last year when we were going to spend the night at the Choo Choo and do the Polar Express thing.

    That is pretty neat about that guy. Are they a local band or something? I really Love your cards! So neat and professional!

    That is a great idea about buying. I would talk to the bank when you go about how all that works, because we had to have a steady rental history with utilities and everything. Have you considered getting a credit card to help build your credit to finance a car? Maybe you already have one. Just a thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree!! And the business cards look great too!
    That's a good idea about the car as well. You can never be too prepared.

    ReplyDelete