Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 please be good to me..

This year is dedicated to fresh starts. From the things in my life that cause grief. Whether they be materialistic or emotional or whatever. My resolutions this year will help me succeed and feel like a better all around person, mom, and friend.

The biggest resolution I have that is materialistic is that I want a new car. I want a safer car for Cayle and I to get around in. My Volvo is okay, but in all honesty, it's not big enough, it has too many bad memories attached to it, and just looking at it really and truly brings me down. So after income taxes, I plan on getting the loan and getting a small SUV. Something more efficient. Banking with the credit union and speaking with them about my plans, they made it sound really easy to get a new car. So I'm going big or going home. So here's to getting a fresh start with what I drive.

I want to spend more time with Cayle doing things he loves. When we spend time together it can consist of anything from shopping to a trip to the aquarium. He loves the sharks! But I feel like there should be a happier medium of errands and quality time. So tomorrow I'm going to see what he feels like doing and make it happen! Somehow I think we will end up at pump it up or something along those lines. But still even if we don't go out I want to make our time together special. He means the world to me and I want him to always know he is loved. Work can get in the way of our time, but I have to do it for him. For us to have the best life possible. But it's like the saying goes "Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life".

I don't think it would kill me to skip a sweet or a trip to a fast food place. I can't cut out caffeine (I get headaches that last for days if I try) but I can add more water. I can try to do some yoga or go walk outside. I won't label it a "diet" because I won't stick to it, but I can say that I will make healthier choices. I want to try hydroxycut to help it along. Because being on the go all the time makes it hard to always eat healthy. Being a hair stylist (it's a way of life) we eat like scavengers. Whatever we can get whenever we can get it. I've noticed my diet consists of mostly coffee and trail mix now. But I can and will definitely try to take better care of myself physically.

Mentally, I feel like I should stop worrying so much about every little thing. I worry myself sick sometimes. So I want to get more organized. I used to keep a notebook of everything I needed to do, wanted, or needed to remember. So I think I will pick that up again. It helped with my anxiety. Last night I stayed up until 2 a.m. cleaning my living space. It looks better. And I'm really happy with the work I put into it, but I want to take it a step further and clean out all the old clothes I don't wear, things I don't use and either sell them, or give them away to a second hand store. To give me more room and to clear my head a little more.

Also, I am resolving to find a better job. I want somewhere with a schedule closer to 9-5 and two consecutive off days. When I can break away from Regis I will. I will miss my co-workers, but I have to do this for Cayle.

These resolutions will make me a better, happier person. And I'm going to do whatever it takes to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment