Thursday, January 31, 2013

Family time.

I've really been neglecting this blog! I'm still here! Cayle and I just got home from a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg, TN. And it was so relaxing. I drove up Sunday night and stayed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night. I came home Wednesday and went straight to work. Mom came back and I drove her car. That sucked, but the vacation time was so nice! We were able to fit in a lot in so little time. Monday Cayle, Amy (my sister-in-law), and I went to this cute boutique and did some shopping. I got Cayle a cute hat and me some necklaces. That night Zac (my older brother) and Amy went out and did their own thing, and Daddy, Cayle, and I went to dinner at Outback. I didn't realize how much I missed having family time until I actually got some.

The next day Daddy, Zac, Amy, Cayle, and I spent the day together. We had breakfast at Flap Jack's pancake house and then drove on into downtown Gatlinburg. We walked and shopped all day! Cayle got an air brushed shirt, a dream catcher, and a toy car. I got a pair of sandals and two t-shirts. I got to see a real Moonshine still and take lots of pictures! It was really a good day. That night we went to dinner at a place called Howard's. It's kind of like Red Robin but better. We went back to our cabin and I gave Cayle a bath in Daddy's big Jacuzzi tub. He LOVED it! He said he was "swimming".

Early the next morning, Daddy had to take Zac and Amy to the airport so they could fly back home to Florida. Daddy came home and we had breakfast together and got the car packed and I drove home.

It was so nice to be with my family for a little while. I really needed the break from work. It makes me excited for my week's paid vacation I get after May 24th. Not quite sure when or where I want to go (or even if I can) but I'd like for Cayle and I to try to vacation together this year for the first time. Gatlinburg is always nice. I'd like to go when it's cold though. Maybe in October when the leaves change. This is going to be a big year for us with getting a new car (hopefully by the start of Summer) a week's vacation, finding our own home. It's a big change but I'm ready for it all. I'm really working to set us up financially so we won't have any problems.

After being in my mom's big SUV and driving it all weekend, I can't help but think it might be too much car for me to have an SUV. So I've been looking into Honda Accords. They're safe, fashionable, efficient, and long lasting. But this is another post for another day. Here are some pics from the trip!














1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Cayle is getting so big. I can really see his personality coming through in your pictures now. :)

    Sounds like a big year. Getting a car instead would be nice. I bet gas mileage and such would be easier on you.

    You mentioned still getting your own place this year. Have you done a budget to try to see when ya'll can move? That would be so exciting!!!

    Family time is great, but you are right, going on a vacation with just you and Cayle will be a nice change. And considering how much you love fall, sounds like a colder vacation would be right for you. You may even be able to get "off season" rates for stuff!:)

    ReplyDelete