Thursday, February 7, 2013

New starts and relieving stress.

I have been working for about 3 weeks now on clearing out the "clutter" in my life. Things that bother me, stress me out, or I've been putting off, I've been working to change that. I spent 4 nights clearing the clutter out of my living space. I threw away a garbage bag full of old socks, underwear, and torn up clothes, 4 bags of stuff I didn't wear anymore including shoes, coats, t shirts, jeans, pajamas and more! I threw away 3 bags of old papers, trash, junk that I haven't looked at in years, and things that held bad memories. I did all of my laundry and got my closet color coordinated. I even cleaned out my car! I threw away 2 bags full of trash and crap that my ex fiance had left in the car. I vacuumed it out and got a cherry scented air freshener! I've washed my sheets and caught up on my scrapbook for Cayle! The living space and car have looked better than they have in years! I've noticed that I'm falling asleep earlier and relaxing at night more. That may have been the problem all along as to why I couldn't sleep.

But that's not all! I even got my taxes done! Now I'm just waiting for my return! I'm very excited about that. With the money, I've decided to put it all towards my down payment on a car. I almost have enough for a good down payment. I'm having the hardest time deciding on what I want though! I'm considering a larger sedan but not an SUV. After driving my mother's SUV, it's just too much car for me and I don't want something that pretty much drinks gas. I've looked at a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Kia Optima, and the Ford Focus. Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord are at the the tip top of my list. And I've been able to find some good deals on both. So it's just a matter of test driving now and seeing what I like better. I'll be happy once I have a set make and model instead of just shooting in the dark.

I've been working on my "5 year plan" or my vision of how I see my life with Cayle in the next few years. And I see myself with a shiny new car (which will be the one I'm about to purchase) a beautiful town home, Cayle and myself being our own happy family with tons of family traditions and more love than anyone could ever know. I see my house having things exactly the way I have in my head. Glam with a personal touch in every room. Lots of family photos on the wall. Here lately, I've fallen in love with the idea of having a French Bulldog puppy. I think they're adorable. And by the time I have my house, I'll have a yard and I can have a puppy. Whatever home I decide on it needs to have a yard, a garage, 2-3 bedrooms and a place for family time. By then hopefully I'll have a better job (or better hours at the one I have now). Right now it's just a matter of time before I can put this plan into motion.

I'm also trying something this year. I want to take my vacation time this year right around Halloween. This way I'll have Halloween, Cayle's birthday, and Cayle's birthday party off! But not only that I want to do something special with him this year and take our first family vacation alone pending on my new car situation. I think a couple days in Gatlinburg will be wonderful! It'll be almost like a big birthday present. We can go to the aquarium and the Ripley's museum and all sorts of fun stuff up there! It'll be so fun. If I can find a place that's reasonably priced I want to take him. It's not far, but it's relaxing. Now it's just a matter of getting everything ready. Money, car, and time off. Things feel like they're coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment