Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Everything is happening so fast!!

Today I had a meeting this morning at work to go over everything coming up. My boss (Terrie) asked me and a girl I worked with (Sarah) to stay afterwards to talk. I was kinda nervous. But it turned out to be a good thing! My boss has agreed to give me a Monday day shift so not all my shifts have me here until 9! Sarah is going down to part time and needed a night shift and I wanted her day shift so we got to switch! So the start of my work week will be like this:

Sunday 12-6
Monday 9-5
Tuesday off day
Wednesday 3-9
Thursday off day
Friday 3-9
Saturday 3-9

so I can live with that for now. The first have will be days and off days. And the second half will be nights. It's better than no day shifts at all. With this being said.. Cayle will need care during the Monday I'm not home with him during the day. Normally, my cousin keeps him, but I feel as if Cayle is getting to the point where he needs to be around other kids. Little boys more so than anything. So I'm considering pre school one day a week. I'm touring a school tomorrow at noon to see what I think. They've quoted a price of $30 a week for the one day which I don't think you can beat. The thought of Cayle going to school saddens me..it makes me feel like he's growing up way too fast and as much as I try to hold onto him being small and loving me and being attached to my hip I know it can't stay that way. I hate the fact he has to grow up. But he needs kid time. He isn't around kids his age often so it'll be good for him to get that.

Another positive outcome from the meeting this morning is that I get to have my birthday off! That'll be so great! I have to work for a girl on her birthday but in return she will work for my birthday :)

And last positive outcome from the meeting, my vacation time I requested got approved! I get a weeks paid vacation starting October 30th through November 6th. So Cayle and I will have Halloween, his birthday, and his birthday party all together. And if all goes as planned I will have a little get away planned for us to Gatlinburg. Just depends on money and on the new car situation.

Now for the negative. March is customer appreciation month. I will be working 8 hour shifts every day I'm scheduled to work. And two 12 hour long shifts on Saturdays. It breaks my heart..I don't want to be away from Cayle that much..Cayle and I have been getting so close and I'm so scared that work is going to get in the way of all the bonding we've been doing. I know it's only a month...but I'm not happy about it. Sometimes I feel like this job can suck the life out of me. But it'll pay off in the long run when I get where I want to be in my life. I'm just going to take control of the direction I want to go with my life and go test drive some cars this weekend before I don't have time to with Customer Appreciation month. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment