Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Today was a really good Valentine's day! This morning Cayle and I got up and I made our breakfast. I gave him his Valentine. I got him a card, a TY beanie baby, a book, some candy, and "Be My Valentine Charlie Brown". He was so happy with it. Daddy got me a dozen roses, some Hershey kisses, a card, and a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. Mom got me some new socks with animal print on them. I was so spoiled.

I went to check out the Childcare Network today. And it was a nice daycare, but apparently they do not offer just one day a week. So that kind of ticked me off a little bit because I'm back to square one as far as finding someone to keep him while I go to work on Mondays. My cousin is an option, but I really want him to get to be around other kids and to learn. So we will see what happens.

I've decided to really try to work with Cayle on potty training. I've tried in the past, but he wanted no part in it. So I figured he would try when he felt ready, but he hasn't felt ready. So I went to Walmart to today to get some things to give him a step in the right direction. I got a new potty seat that goes on the toilet in the bathroom, some gold stars for a potty chart, and some big boy underwear. Both the potty seat and the underwear have Disney Cars characters on them so I thought those would be perfect. And sure enough when we brought it home, he wanted to sit on the potty. And he did for about 15 minutes, but no luck with actually getting him to go. It's a start at least. I also got him some books from the Dollar Tree to help him learn to write his letters, identify shapes, colors, and numbers. He already knows all of these things but I don't see anything wrong with doing some lessons during the day.

Tonight we went to dinner with Mom and Daddy to a Mexican place. Daddy surprised me with my charm to my bracelet. I love it! All in all, it was a good day. Here's some pictures from our today!

No comments:

Post a Comment