Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family Day with Cayle!

Today was my day off and on my days off I like to take Cayle somewhere special. And here lately, I've been running out of ideas so I decided to try something new. We went to the movies together for the first time! Our day was packed with fun!

First I had to run a quick errand at the salon store and pick up a brush and a client profile book so I could keep better record of my chemicals I've done. Afterwards, just for fun, we drove by a house that I looked at on Crye Leike. Perfect little town home for the 2 of us. Then after that Cayle and I went to dinner at Steak 'n' Shake. We got milkshakes and a really good meal! We went to Babies 'R' Us and Cayle picked out some cups he wanted and I looked into booster seats for him. It's time for a booster seat and I want to get an idea of what will be good for him and what is the safest one out there. Then we went to the Dollar Tree and got our snacks for the movie.

Cayle was so excited to go to the movies! We ended up seeing Hotel Transylvania.I can honestly say that's one of the cutest movies I've seen in a very long time. It wasn't scary at all even though it had monsters in it. He sat through almost all of it which is a great! Now we can go to movies more often. It was fun being the only 2 people in the whole theater. I love our family time together and it's always fun to try new things with him. Can't wait to see what we do next!




6 comments:

  1. Aww, glad you guys enjoyed the movie!

    Not trying to be a know-it-all here, but it's illegal for anyone under the age of 4 to ride in a booster. I know the seats weight and height requirements may be less,but the law is 4 and 40 lbs. I really hope you don't take that the wrong way. I just don't want you to get in trouble or Cayle to get hurt. Maybe you could look into some forward facing seats that 5-point harness, then convert to a booster. That's what Grace has. It can 5-point harness her until she's 65 lbs, then turns into a booster until she's 100 lbs. The Graco Nautilus is a really popular seat for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you told me! I thought since he met the weight and height requirements he would be okay but if I need to wait then most definitely! Thanks for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! It is so great you guys can go out on your off days! Sounds like work is picking up a bit. Do you have any regular clients?

    As for a carseat, you may want to look into the AIR. The one we just got for Sam turns from a 5 point to a highback booster, so you could start using it now. But it has impact cushions on the side. They release air on impact to soften the blow and prevent injury. It isn't very expensive either. I am not sure what other high back boosters there are out there. We won't be looking into one for Sam until she is almost 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, that was a cute movie. We rented it from RedBox. Sam Loved it. She said, "See that wasn't scary. It was silly!" (She heard me tell Jessie I didn't want her watching a monster movie. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few regular clients. And the more time that goes by the more I get! So it's definitely starting to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill definitely have to look into those seats as well. The movie is really cute. I'd love to get a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete