Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mommy & Cayle's train adventure.!

WOW.!! What a fantastic day.!! Cayle and I went with my cousin, her husband, and her children to the Christmas train ride at her husbands work place. He works with the railroad and they only do this every year for the families. And all of it's free.! When we got there, we boarded the train. I was kind of nervous. Trains freak me out a bit when they go over bridges. I hate crossing bridges. But I couldn't be more proud of Cayle he did such a good job.!! He sat in his seat for the most part and looked out the window. And he would say things like 'WOW' or 'Whoa.! Water.!!' The train went to another boarding station, but they had it set up to look like Santa's workshop. There were reindeer and lights and everything.! It was really cool to ride on a train. I enjoyed it a lot. When we got back we went upstairs and they had a HUGE train track toy set and free pictures with Santa.!! Cayle got his picture made and a goody bag that had candy, a train whistle, and an activity pad with crayons.! Downstairs they had all sorts of snacks like gingerbread cookies, little debbie snack cakes, candy, and juice boxes for kids. Sodas for the adults. Again all free.! Cayle got some animal cookies and a juice box. After we left, we decided to eat at taco bell. It was nice. I never get to spend much time with my cousins with how busy I am, but they invited us to come back every year.! I definitely want to go again. My cousin even offered to keep Cayle for me once I get out of school. She's a stay at home mom and that's how she makes her extra money is baby sitting. When she offered to do so, I couldn't tell you what a load that was off of my shoulders. She even has a toddler bed she offered to sell me when her daughters get bunk beds. She has 4 kids. 3 girls and 1 boy. They're great kids. Very polite. Cayle likes to play with her youngest daughter. They're about 2 years apart. Today was definitely the start of a nice family tradition. :)

Friday, Cayle and I did our usual thing. We get dinner together and go roam around some. We decided to go to tokyo express for dinner. Cayle got rice and I got chicken and shrimp. Afterwards, we went to the mall and got our very first family ornament made. And Cayle got his own. I got a few little stocking stuffers too. I have to get my brother's gift next week. And hopefully I'll be finished. Unless I see something I want to get little man. All in all, it's been a very good weekend. I'm very happy. I took some pictures of our trip today and our ornaments :)


Our family ornaments. :)







LOVE this one.!









on the train.


the 'north pole'




HUGE train track Cayle loved.

2 comments:

  1. Is it free for anyone or just free for the families of people that work there? Also, where is it? It's not the Polar Express thing at the ChooChoo is it?

    I like the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like ya'll had a ton of fun. How did Cayle do with Santa this time?

    LOVE the ornaments! Is that from the stand in the mall?

    ReplyDelete