Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas/ New Years Resolutions post.

Christmas 2011 was wonderful.! It seems like everyone got at least one thing they asked for. I got a kindle touch, a new designer bag, clothes, boots, bath and body works, and my favorite perfume. Along with a couple gift cards. Cayle got so much stuff.! He got a toddler couch, books, trucks, a caillou movie, a potty, Mr. potato head, bath toys, clothes, and more.! Dad got some brandy that's aged 30 years, a food chopper, socks, and a video game he likes to play. Mom got an emerald ring, a new wedding band set, candles, a photo album full of pictures of cayle, and bath and body works. My brother got a new phone and some football stuff. Granna got a snuggie, a photo album of pictures, a new garbage can, a full size mirror, and a new heater for her apartment. My brother, Cayle, and I went earlier in the month to get a portrait done of the 3 of us for mom and dad's christmas present. We saved it until the very last gift and we let them open it together...it made daddy cry. They loved it. That right there made Christmas perfect.

Cayle was slightly overwhelmed. It took him half a day to open all his gifts. He would find something he liked and played with it and not want to open anything else. But he was loving it all. He loved his little toddler couch. It folds out so he can lay on it. I think that was his favorite gift. He loves to lay in his bedroom floor and watch a movie so the couch is perfect.! For Christmas breakfast, we had waffles, eggs and bacon. For the rest of the day we watched 'A Christmas Story' marathon and enjoyed our gifts. Here are some pictures of Christmas morning.























As far as New Year's Resolutions, I have a couple. They're somewhat similar to everyone else's.

First, I want to make more time for Cayle. We are together a lot of the time, but I think we need more exciting things to do together so it's not the same old stuff, so it's not really making more time for him, it's making our time more exciting.

Second, I want to take better care of MYSELF. I am going to start losing weight and dressing nicer. I have kept to my word about dressing up more, but I want to completely ditch wearing jeans. I mean, if I wear jeans I want it to be like 3 times a month if that. I want to wear more dresses. I have multiple pairs of leggings and I LOVE them. They're more comfortable than jeans. And not only dressing nice, I want to take care of myself inside too. I want to love myself. And I think with my outward appearance improvements loving myself will come naturally. A happy mommy is a good mommy and it's taken a long time for me to realize it's okay to take care of my needs too.

Third, I want to get into a salon this year and get my life started. I know what I want and 3 months of school left..I'm gonna achieve my goals. I don't let anyone tell me I can't. And I enjoy meeting my goals.


My annual Gatlinburg trip is in 3 weeks.!!!! I can't wait. I am so so so excited.!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you are almost done with school! I wish I was! Congrats though girl! I'm proud of you :)

    I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl.! Ill be proud of you when you finish too.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Christmas went well for you guys. :) I envy that ya'll didn't have a zillion places to go. lol.

    Yah. The same stuff can get boring. I still need to give you that book and then maybe you can find some activities for ya'll to do. Too bad Play World closed down or ya'll could have gone there. :/

    I can't believe you only have 3 months left! Congrats! It is going to feel really good once you get started in a salon and get things going.

    ReplyDelete