Friday, December 2, 2011

Scrapbooking got me thinking AGAIN. Lol.

Today Cayle and I did some hand prints. We did reindeer hand prints. Cayle really enjoys painting. And I'm hoping to find a color wonder paint set somewhere. I know this is very off topic, but Cayle had his two year check up on Monday. He's 37 and a half inches tall and 32 lbs. Just wanted to give an update on that. But anyways, every Friday night Cayle and I go do something together. It's nice for us to spend some time together at the end of every week. We went to Walmart (as always) and got him a new toboggan for the winter weather. He'll definitely need it. It's starting to get cooler. I'm so excited.! I filled up my car. It's amazing how much I save on gas now. Twenty-three dollars topped off my tank.! After we filled up the car, we decided to go get dinner. We always get dinner on Friday, whether it be fast food or sit down somewhere and eat, I always take him to dinner. We ate at this place called Hibachi express. It was okay, but I don't think I'll go back. Cayle didn't eat much, and I would've much rather gone to Little Tokyo but, that was all the way across town. But now I know where to go if I want Hibachi food. So no worries I suppose. After dinner, Cayle and I made one last stop to Michael's craft store. I needed some scrapbook supplies, and they were having a GREAT sale. I got 4 pieces of card stock and 3 sets of dimensional stickers for 9 dollars. Normally those things are 5 bucks a piece.! So it was a good deal. But as I walked through looking at all the set they had I saw their travel collection and it got me to thinking about family vacations for me and Cayle. My parents work very hard to give me and my siblings a vacation every year, and I want to do the same for Cayle. But every year they tend to follow a pattern mountains in the winter beach in the summer. And I was thinking for my vacations with Cayle we could shake it up a bit. Michael's craft store had sticker collections for all sorts of places like Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Florida, Disney world, Italy, Ireland, New York, and more.! And to be honest, there are a couple of these places I wouldn't mind visiting. And I would love for Cayle to see them too. For our very first vacation mother & son (probably around the age of 5 for Cayle) I would love to take him to Disney World or Sea World. I feel like it would be a lot of fun for the both of us. My sister-in-law can get us free tickets to Disney world and probably sea world. So it wouldn't cost an arm and leg...maybe just an arm, haha. But I was thinking every year we go somewhere different. Like one year go to Chicago. The next go to DC. After that Maine. Just wherever.! Maybe even one year when Cayle is old enough we can go to Ireland or somewhere over seas for his birthday. I think he would enjoy it. As much as he loves to ride in the car, I think he would enjoy traveling.

Next Saturday, we are going on a train ride with my cousin and her kids. I'm pretty excited about it. It won't cost anything because her husband works at the rail road. Cayle loves to play with her youngest daughter. I hope he likes it. I'm not sure exactly what this is all about, but it's Christmas themed and it marks another thing off my growing bucket list. I've always wanted to ride on a train.

Rock City is Sunday.!! I can't wait.! This is going to be so much fun.! Also, the Christmas parade is Sunday in my town. Cayle and I will definitely be there. Unfortunately we couldn't go to the Gatlinburg parade. Alliea has to work early tomorrow and needed a good night's sleep. Which is understandable. There's always next year. :)

These are some of the scrapbook stickers I mentioned earlier.






No comments:

Post a Comment