Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Birthday plans in the making.

Cayle is turning 3 in less than 6 months. It's time to start party planning.! As far as a theme, I'd love to do a Disney's cars theme. He LOVES Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater. He has about 6 McQueen cars around the house that I know of.

I'm pretty satisfied with how last year's party turned out. I really liked the location. I've had my baby shower there and his second birthday party there. It won't cost anything. However, I've also thought about having the party at the indoor pavilion in the park. It's a little bigger and they have a back deck with a view of all the changing leaves and the lake. It's $15 an hour though. And it books fast. But it's worth a shot. I'm still very indecisive as far as location goes.

For invitations, I think I want to do the invitations I found on Pinterest. They look like race tickets and I thought that would be neat for the party.!

Food is my forte. And I want Fall foods mostly. I saw the idea of making apple wedges into cars and that is a MUST for this party. I saw the drink dispensers with labels on them that were things that would go in a car like motor oil and anti freeze but it was actually sweet tea and lemonade.! That I can definitely do. Those will be good to have for future parties as well. I have my heart set on a tiered cake this year, but I'm not completely sure how that'll work out. But we can only hope. I saw a neat idea for a cake shaped like a race track too. I still plan on doing treat bags this year.

Decorations are going to be a little challenging. I want to go to party city this weekend and see what I can find. I'm 90% sure they have latex balloons with Lightning McQueen on them if so, I'm going to stock up now. I really like the traditional Cars decorations. Especially for Cayle. He loves anything with the characters on it.

I'm not sure about games. I'd love to do something like that, but I'll have to look for some games everyone can play..everyone that will anyways.

This year, I want to hire Haylee Robinson to do our family portraits as well as pictures at his party. For the price, I can't beat it. And her work is great.! I just hope she's not booked then. If anything, I can always go to JC Pennies for our portraits. Those are good too. They're just pricey. And I got all of our photos from our session for about $15 after shipping and tax from Walmart.com. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Presents are another thing I haven't given much thought. But I want to look into those leap pads from leap frog. Brittney I think you got one for Samantha last Christmas. But since his birthday and Christmas are so close together, I don't want to go overboard on presents and have nothing to get him for Christmas. I think I want to look into getting him a bed set for his toddler bed. It's almost time for him to get into a big boy bed. Cayle loves to do crafts with me so I want to look into getting him a toddler's art kit as well. Or making one with color wonder and other crayola products. Now the wheels are turning. I have so many ideas for gifts now.!! I want to make him a blanket. The kit I need is at Hobby Lobby and I think I'll make that a present..or a Christmas gift. More than likely a birthday gift because everyone needs a new blanket by the time winter comes around. And he loves a soft blanket. He walks around the house carrying one. Or his bear.

This will all come together closer to time, but at least I have some ideas rolling. Be sure to check out my last blog of our painting we did today.


















3 comments:

  1. I need to do a post about Grace's party. I just haven't gotten around to it.

    Those are some really cute idea. I love the "motor oil" and "anti-freeze."

    I have been practicing a lot with the cakes. Learning different tricks and such. If I got pretty good at it by November, I could make Cayle a tiered cake if you want. We'll see how good I am by then lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that If you could.! I'd be willing to pay you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ideas! I Love them! He is going to have such a c ute birthday, and this year I can drive, so I will be able to come!

    The gift ideas are cute for him! You are right. We got Sam a LeapPad last year, and she LOVES it! It is very age appropriate-even though it says 4 to 7. And it keeps her busy when we go place she doesn't want to be. :)

    Etsy and Pinterest have the cutest paryy ideas!

    ReplyDelete