Sunday, June 24, 2012

Proud of myself..

I think I may have finally made a positive impact on my sister's way of thinking. She was having somewhat of a mental breakdown tonight because of her deadbeat husband. He packed up and left her (and her 3 kids) tonight..and she really needed someone to talk to (she's living with my Nanny across the street) so I invited her to come sit and talk with me to try to calm down. And she was just upset about everything. So I talked to her and told her how she can make a change. How it's never too late to be who you might have been. How there's always something you can do to better youself. Basically I shared my headstrong qualities with her. And how doing a little each day can lead to a brighter tomorrow. All things I truly believe..and I really think it did her some good. Only time will tell..but maybe hearing it from someone who wasn't trying to nag her or control her..just trying to direct her will help her see there is still potential to do the best. I honestly felt really bad for her..and kind of special that she turned to me for advice and support. And I know I haven't agreed with her decision making in the past, but I believe she can make a brighter tomorrow if she wants it enough. I just hope everything I told her she takes to heart. I tried to reassure her that she doesn't need any dead weight and that she can do anything she sets her mind to. I'm glad I could try to help her. And I hope she takes it to heart. I'll keep everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment