Saturday, June 9, 2012

Payday is supposed to be sweet..

But this payday has been an absolute pain in my butt. Since I haven't had the money to start a bank account my money from working at Regis was put onto a prepaid Visa debit card. Well, personally I didn't mind that because money is money right.? I had to call to get the card activated and they asked for my social security number and when I key it in, they said they didn't have that number on record. Are you kidding.? So without my SS number on record I can't activate my card. So I call to speak to customer service, and those idiots won't help me. They're paid to read off a script. They told me to fax my name, visa card number, social security number, and phone number to their fax number. So since Daddy was at work today I sent him the information to fax to them because we don't have a fax machine. God forbid I email it to this damn company. Pardon my French. So when I sent the information to Daddy to fax off, I assumed it would be fine and that I would have the card activated in no time. That's the polar opposite of what has happened. The fax machine at Daddy's office said the number wasn't in service. So I called the card company again and had them confirm that it was the right number. I told them what was happening. All they told me was that it's the right fax number and that their machines are working. By this point my blood is boiling. I've been trying since yesterday to get this card activated so I can have access to my money. Well I call my boss and tell her what's going on and she said it wouldn't allow her to change my information or anything. I hated bothering her with this especially since she's at work today and Saturdays are busy. But she was concerned and trying to help as much as possible. She knows I need my money. The card company then proceeds to tell me they wouldn't get the fax (if it went through) until Tuesday or Wednesday. Long story short. I've got $18. No money for probably another week or so until this garbage gets straightened out. I'll tell you though, first plan of action when I do get this money I'm withdrawing it off this freaking card and switching to direct deposit. Lesson learned right.? Even though I was planning on getting everything fixed with with money anyways. UGGGGGHHHHH.!!!!!!!! That just throws my entire week and budget off. And this is the only place I can vent about. My boss said she would try to figure out this issue first thing Monday morning. Because with it being a Saturday, there's not much they can do. I'm not too sure what to do right now. This really sucks. It's like one step forward and two steps back sometimes. But hopefully within the next few days everything will be straightened out and I'll be banking with the bank I want to be and never have to worry about this prepaid debit card hell again.

1 comment:

  1. That sort of stuff is so difficult. I would definitely get it off the card, so you don't have to deal with all that junk.

    ReplyDelete