Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm on my way..

I made a very important step in building the best life for both Cayle and myself. Today I went to my work and got things worked out with my card. The card company being the complete idiots they are keyed in my SS number wrong. Regis had it right. So we finally got it fixed. I was SO happy to finally have access to my money. First thing I did was get all the money off my card. With that money..I went and opened my bank accounts. Both savings and checking. It made me feel very independent. Like I was being the responsible person I know I am. Daddy even phoned me to tell me congratulations on taking the next step.

My plan is to keep my spending at a minimum so I can let some money build up. If I can manage to spend less than fifty dollars a week and save the rest of that I'll be satisfied. The only things I really get anymore are gas and baby items (diapers, wipes, etc..). I want to apply for a credit card with a small limit to try and build some credit. Probably around the time I have 700 dollars built up. I wouldn't use it for much and I would always make sure that I have that money in the bank if I use the card any. I want to be able to buy a house one day.. and I can't do that without credit. It's a lot to handle, but I think I'm doing okay. Money stresses me out anyways..

As far as a savings account I want to try to put in at least $30 out of each pay check if I can afford to. If not I want to try to put what I can in there. I'm also keeping an emergency stash of cash in my fire proof lock box. I put a little in it each time I have extra cash. I don't count it. I know I'll be more tempted to spend it if I do. And it's for true emergency situations. Like if I don't have enough gas to make it to work one week or if Cayle is almost out of diapers and I don't get paid for another week. I know I'll have that money. So it's almost like a security blanket. And an ease of mind for me. My anxiety levels with money are so high.

An update on my cosmetology license testing : I got a delivery confirmation in the mail and I have to send off my payment for the first part of the test before I can schedule an actual day. I have a lot of test anxiety. But I know I can do it.!

But on a positive note I got my card working, a bank account open, direct deposit shouldn't be a problem to set up, I won't have to deal that a prepaid card crap anymore, money in the bank, a bank card coming in the mail, and Cayle and I are doing well.

I have a lot to be happy about. I'm definitely on the right track to being my own family with Cayle.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!

    As for the credit card, it may be easier to build up some money, like you said, and then apply for a secured credit card. I heard those are pretty easy to get startingout and it builds your credit.

    Good Luck on your test! You have gotten this far. I know you can get past this test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got it all straightened out! You are doing so well for yourself and Cayle!

    ReplyDelete