Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thinking about Cayle's birthday..

Cayle's birthday is almost here. I need to get on the ball and plan. But with as far as a theme I am clueless!! He flip flops between two Disney characters so picking a theme is hard. I've also considered a Fall theme with pumpkins and scare crows but I think it's too similar to his first birthday party which was a costume party.

But I've also been thinking about gifts. Recently, Cayle has gotten to where he LOVES to read. His favorite book is "Goodnight Moon" (which makes me super happy because it's also my favorite song). So I thought about getting him some new books to read. That would be an easy gift. I am also making him a tie blanket with the Disney Cars characters on it. I bought the kit to make one at hobby lobby a month ago. But I would like to get him one big gift. I'm thinking about maybe taking him to the toy store or somewhere and letting him pick out something he wants.

As far as activities go with him. I would like for us to have our portraits made at JC Pennies like last year. They turned out so good! I want to take him to either the zoo, aquarium, or discovery museum. That night I would like to take him somewhere for dinner. My parents always do a birthday dinner for me so I would like to do one for him every year as well. Where we will go? Who knows. He's so picky with food.

I'm considering buying the essentials for his party now. Like table covers and cups and plates and what not. And since Cayle seems to like both characters I will flip a coin as to what theme his party will be. Or take him to pick one more time and what he says first will win. Anyone else have indecisive children? Lol.

2 comments:

  1. Sam is the same, just like she was with dance or gym. Or if she even wanted to do either. It literally changed by the second. When I went to go sign her up for dance, she was ECSTATIC. Then I asked which class she wanted and she threw a fit because she didn't want to do dance! WTHeck? lol

    Anyway, letting him go and pick one or the other, first one wins, is a good idea. That is what we have to do with Sam, because if I go get her costume for Halloween and she changes her mind-too darn bad. I can't return hers because they are usually custom made.

    Anyway, pics, dinner, activity, all good ideas too. I wouldn't do a Fall theme since he is older now and can pick for himself. He probably wouldn't like Fall themed as much as him favorite characters.

    Books are an amazing idea for gifts! I like to get Sam books for every holiday. I think readign is extremely important. Maybe you could him some books, and like Christina had suggested for Christmas for Grace and we did for Sam's birthday last year, get him his own library card.
    As for a big gift, those are always tough to decide on. You could let him pick out a toy, but he may pick out like a little car or something. lol. What about a bike? Does he have one? Or a game system like the Leap Pad, if you allow him to play "video games." Um...Not sure what else. It depends on your price range really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just told Grace we were going to do candyland, and she was like "Candyland?!? Alright!" I don't think she even knows what it is, but she's on board lol. On his birthday, he won't even be worried about his decor. He'll be into the people, presents, cake, etc. I'm sure whichever one you choose will be fine with him.

    We're getting Grace a LeapPad2. It's expensive, so it's the only present we are getting her, but I think she'll like it. We're still going to do her party, the discovery museum, birthday pictures, and something on her birthday too.

    ReplyDelete