Thursday, August 30, 2012

My day with Cayle!

Today was a mother son day for Cayle and me. After we had our breakfast this morning I took him to the Tennessee aquarium for some fun. We spent all day there! And it wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be to go. He really enjoyed getting to walk around and look at everything and touch what he could. His favorites were the sharks and the sea dragons. In the ocean journey part of the aquarium, there's this place where you can lay and look up into the tanks and watch the fish swim over you. We must have stayed there for at least 30 minutes or so. It was so nice to be able to take our time and not rush! I made us a souvenir penny with a shark on it to put in his scrapbook. I'd love to take him places like that more often. :)

After the aquarium I got him some lunch and we went to Walmart so I could pick up my medicine and get him a special prize. I got him a new book with a magna doodle pad attached to it. And I let him pick his party theme. He has chosen to go with Disney Cars theme. So that's the plan! I also found a crock pot slow cooker for under twenty dollars and it matched my kitchen colors. It's a 7 quart black slow cooker. That's one of the major things to cross off my list. Now I'll have to find some good slow cooker recipes to print out and keep in my book of recipes.

Today was such a nice day to be with Cayle. It couldn't have gone better. I would like to keep up our weekly outing. Like I've always tried to do. It's almost time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes so there will be plenty of exciting things for us. I'm thinking once it cools off a bit we can go to the zoo :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from today.






2 comments:

  1. He is growing up so fast! Such a handsome little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! That is great you are able to take him out like more. :)

    ReplyDelete