Monday, August 9, 2010

I just need to rant.

Normally, I'll keep things bothering me to myself. Or I'll talk with one close friend about it. But I just need to vent a little of my anger. I stay busy from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed. Cayle wakes me up in the morning crying or talking to his teddy bear around 9:00..which isn't a bad time to wake up. I'm not complaining about that. I change his diaper and feed him his breakfast. After he's taken care of I make my breakfast and answer my emails. Then the rest of the day consists of taking care of Cayle or doing things OTHER people ask me to do or school work. I'm busting my a** trying to get done in time to move out. Which leaves me hardly anytime between 9:00 and 4:00 p.m. to do the things I need. Like showering, doing my hair, painting my nails ( I know that one isn't exactly a NEED, but I'd like to feel pretty), taking a nap, relaxing with a book..ANYTHING. And everyone around me just overlooks it like 'Oh well, Erica could do more if she tried harder." How can I do that for me when I'm always doing everything for everyone else.? Sometimes the only way I can make sure my hair is washed is if I ask someone at school to wash it for me. And if they don't care to straighten it for me. I just don't like not being able to have a shower every day. I feel gross. I know I'm gross. It's not going to get any easier when Cayle starts walking. He doesn't nap often during the day so I can't take a shower while he sleeps. I'm home alone during the day soo nobody can watch him. And when I don't have school and ask someone to watch him for 20 minutes they're tooo tired or they will later but later never comes. I know I'm probably overreacting, but like I said..I just needed to vent. And all the cleaning I do for about three hours a day goes unnoticed and unappreciated. I never hear 'thank you' or anything like that. My family has hardly two words to say to me now that I think about it. I come in from a day out with Cayle and nobody says 'Hi Erica, did you have fun.?' They act like I'm not even in the room. They run straight to Cayle and talk to him. I can go out of the room and they wouldn't notice. I DON'T blame Cayle, and I'm not jealous of him. I don't resent him at all. It just hurts my feelings and makes me feel like I don't matter. Like I'm just the maid of the house. Nobody in this house takes my feelings into consideration at all. I'm looked at as lazy and all I'm good for is cleaning. I'm tired of having to depend on them. I want to move out now. Adam is happy to see me and always acknowledges both of us are in the room. That goes for his family as well. Why is it so hard for my family to do that.? Why does my family not take my needs into consideration.?? My car needs fixing. Its needed it since I freakin' got it 2 years ago.!!!!!!!!! My gas mileage sucks and since I cant work and go to school I'm always having to ask for money. Cayle's needed a new carseat for over a month. My roof needs fixing. It's needed it since last year. I need to put in more hours at school and nobody seems to wanna help me there. Am i just overreacting or can anyone else see why I'm upset.? Why I feel like I don't matter.? Why I feel like I'm no good.?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have much advice for you on feeling ignored, mostly because it makes me mad everybody ignores Sami and not me. It is sorta the opposite for me. Sami will wave to someone and say, "HEWO!" and they don't even wave back. However, may I advise you to take a bath with Cayle? I am not sure how you feel about that, but that is one of the reasons I started bathing with Sami. Besides the sitting up thing. It was much easier since she went to bed so late-like midnight and she screamed if I took a bath without her, even if Jessie tried watching her.

    ReplyDelete