Friday, August 13, 2010

It's party time. :D

I feel a little more accomplished than I have felt in a while. Over the past week, I've cleaned the house from top to bottom in order to earn the money for Cayle's party decorations. Today, I went out and bought most of them. I still need streamers, table cloths, confetti, plastic forks and spoons, and invitations. Maybe other stuff, but that's just the basics. I got mostly everything before it was picked over and sold out. I got tons of great deals. I decided to do treat bags. Although, I'm not sure what to put in them since there is going to be a wide age range of kids there. I'll be sure to put a little of everything in them so everyone has something. I also bought the first thing for mine and adam's apartment. I got a floor lamp. Its 71 inches tall. It was only 6 dollars. I thought it was a good deal. I also got Cayle another present. Its a tonka truck. I got him the green dump truck. He loves my friend's nephew's trucks. I decided to get him his own. At school, I've already gotten over a hundred hours. I'm working hard at school to get everything done in time. I've only been for a month and I can roll perms, foil, color, and thermals (a.k.a. curling iron and flat iron), and wax. I'm already trying to build my clientele, looking into salons, and acing my tests. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I feel like I'm doing more than I was. I want to try to put in more hours if I can. I'll do what I have to. I'm pushing hard and you know what.? I love feeling like I'm doing something productive with my time.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! ALl of it, especially how many hours you have gotten! I didn't start feeling accomplished until my 12th grade year. Sami was almost a year old and Jessie and I just got married and he had just graduated and I found out I was graduating early. It was the greatest feeling in the world!

    ReplyDelete