Monday, March 26, 2012

Chrometophobia

Fear of money: An abnormal and persistent fear of money. Sufferers experience undue anxiety even though they realize their fear is irrational. They worry that they might mismanage money or that money might live up to its reputation as "the root of all evil."

I've been having this issue with money lately. I'm too scared to spend money. Even if it's on things that I need..like combs for school or gas for the car. I don't know what it is. But here in the past couple of weeks I've noticed I've been hoarding my money so to speak. I got $120 in birthday money and I can't even consider spending it. In some ways it's good, but in others..not to much. I want to save it if I can but there's some things that I can't really do without. All of my combs at school are starting to lose their teeth. I have a little under half a tank of gas in the car. Spring is here and I have no clothes or shoes to fit season. But I can't bring myself to spend it. I looked into getting a bank account and it seems like it would hurt me more so than help me just because my income isn't very steady. And there are monthly rates and what not. So I've just been hoarding money. I'm too scared to even go anywhere where I might spend it.

And the thought that I'll need a new car soon scares the absolute crap out of me. So I just wanted to see about what I like and what would be affordable. I don't want to have to pay more than 12,000. I want a used car, but a reliable source. Carfax. I like the Toyota Camry. I found some online for 11,000- 14,000. They get 38-40 MPGs. And I think that would be my best option. As much as Daddy is pushing me to get an American made car..I just don't think I can afford it. And I can't find any I like. I hardly trust the car I have now..and my gas bill is outrageous for such a small car. 18 gallon gas tank and gas is 3.71 a gallon..that comes out to.....66.78 to fill it completely. Are you kidding me.?? How can I afford that.?? When the car has poor gas mileage anyways. I just can't take it.

Troy and I have toyed with the idea of moving in together next year..and I really like the idea. However, my nature is to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. God forbid something to happen and we don't move in together and it's just me and Cayle. I want to be prepared. And I don't want to be stuck with rent, utilities, groceries, gas, phone, miscellaneous needs, phone, and whatever else..all on 1 income. That scares me. With the both of us it would be easier. But like I said Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. But Troy and I seem to be on the same page as far as all that goes. And I would like for all to work out..but if it were to not work out..I need to be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I forgot to text you back again the other day. I am sorry you are having such a problem with money. I can see why you would want to put money back, but at the same time, you do need gas and combs and clothes, like you mentioned. Why don't you just save a portion of it?

    I am not sure why the accounts you are looking at have monthly rates. We have never had to pay a penny for any of our accounts. :/ The only thing we have ever paid for is checks. We bought one box over a year ago. It was $8.00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brittany about the accounts. You shouldn't have to pay. Most just want you to have like $100 to open the account, but that $100 goes into your account. Try to stay away from national chain banks. Try to find one that is locally owned and operated. They care about their customers, not about the money.

    ReplyDelete