Sunday, February 13, 2011

FINALLY.!!!



So much has happened over the past couple of days but all good things. I actually made money off of doing hair.!!!! My mom's friend Arcella asked for highlights and I charged 15.00 and she gave me 25.00.! I know its not much but its definitely a step up from what I was making *ahem* nothing. *cough cough* And my sister gave me money for doing her hair a while back too. Easiest forty bucks I've made in a while. The pictures are the front and side view of Arcella's hair. I did the blonde highlights. My parents think I should start charging to do hair outside of school. Honestly, I think its a good idea, but I don't want people to feel like their getting ripped off because they're close to me or have known me forever and want free hair services. Dad thinks 10.00 a hair cut is hair and 15.00-20.00 is fair for color. But like I said..I don't want people to feel like they're getting ripped off. However, the prices seem fair to me. Arcella helped to build my clientele. She found three more girls that want their hair done by me.!! It feels great to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with the hair business. But aside from all that my wedding planning is finally up and rolling. Adam and I sat down last night and looked for all sorts of ideas in our very own wedding planning book. Adam has picked his groom's men. His sister's fiance Josh is one and Christina's fiance Chris is the other. And Christina is my maid of honor (if she is still interested that is ;) ). Our ceremony will be held at Falling Water Church of God. Our rehearsal dinner is at Applebee's (mmmmm.!) Our reception is going to be at the indoor pavilion in Chester frost park. Our colors are dark purple and black. Calla lilies and white roses are my flowers. Adam has found his tux. I've found my dress. We've picked our brides maids and grooms men. Granted, there is still alot to decide but at least we've got it rolling. Today, we all went out to celebrate Adam's grandfather's (whom Adam refers to as his dad) birthday. We surprised him by bringing him to Logan's roadhouse for dinner. && I made him a cake. He was so surprised. I'm glad he enjoyed it. Happy 65th birthday bob.! On the way back to my house Adam and I started talking about possibly finding a rent to own house now and start paying on it. And beginning to furnish it. But keeping lights and water etc cut off until we actually move in. I thought it was a good idea and it might actually save us some money when we actually do get in. I thought after I get everything out of the way ( i.e. valentine's day, school supplies, health and beauty needs etc..) that I could start buying some things to furnish the house with..like towels and dishes and silver wear and things we wouldn't think to get until we actually got in the house. It seems like a good idea considering I'm having a steadier cash flow these days. I get paid 75.00 a week to keep house. Which seems pretty fair to me. It gives me enough breathing room each week and I'm stressing less about money. Poor Cayle has the sniffles. I feel so bad and I wish I could do something to make him feel better besides a hot bath and tons of TLC. I wanna actually make him forget he's got a cold and just be able to play. Maybe tomorrow I can renovate our room and clean it up really good. Dust and vacuum and put the toys away so that way the air is cleaner and he can get over his cold faster. Tomorrow Adam is coming over and I can't wait to give him his Valentine. I went traditional for once. Cards cheesy stuffed animal and chocolate. But I am getting him the psycho stick cd he wants later this week when I have some cash on my card. Its on amazon for pretty cheap. Soo all in all things are going well. I hope my little baby bumpkin gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment