Friday, February 25, 2011

Rediscovering my passion for the field.!


When I actually get to do hair..it's like everything comes naturally to me. I know how to get the hair to do what I want, and I know it will look in the end. These were my two clients from today. I actually get to start going on fridays to get more hours.! I'm really excited about that. The first client is a friend of mine. Her name is Laura. I cut and styled her hair. I put some long and short layers into it, made the bangs choppy, flat ironed, and teased the top layers to make it BIG. I LOVE BIG HAIR.! She was really pleased about it. Her mother even wants me to do her hair.!! I'm building a clientele. Heck yesss.! The next lady is a piano teacher/ waitress from around town. I did her highlights. She was so sweet. And very fun to talk to. Her highlights turned out great. She tipped me 9 dollars.! That's the most I've been tipped at school. I think my biggest tip is from my dad. He tipped me 20 dollars one time. My biggest pay was 25 dollars. It adds up after a while, and I can definitely use the money with the way gas prices and other things are going up. Tonight, I went to see Adam. I cut his grandfather's hair. It turned out great.He even tipped me ten dollars.! I wasn't expecting that at all. He's such a great person. The whole family is. I'm happy to be building my clientele. Did I mention one of my best friends Christina wants me to cut her hair too.? I'm so excited. I love doing my friend's hair. I'm really happy. I had a good day.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are getting some more people in!! The more you get the more people they will tell :)
    I will def be coming to you next time :) I can never get anyone to do it just like I want it, but you look like you know what you are doing (which is sad for them because they had already finished beauty school and been cutting hair for however many years, but really good for you!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping my friends will tell alot of people and the clients i do get tell their friends too. I can't wait to see you. Whenever you're ready just give me a call.! And word of advice..never ever go to great clips or somewhere like that for a cut.

    ReplyDelete