Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I seriously am impressed.

Today was Cayle's 15 month check up. He weighs 25.12 lbs. And he's 33 inches tall. Poor little man had to get four shots today..and I was crying right along with him. But I was proud of not only him but me too. I refused to be the one who held him down when the nurse stuck him..but I did it this time. And he wasn't mad at me..in fact..all he wanted was his mommy. And that made me feel really special. I feel like we're getting even closer because we've been together so much over the past couple of weeks. The doctor even said he was very advanced verbally. Considering 15 month old babies are on average say 4-6 words and Cayle can say 15-20. After we left the doctor's office, we went to the bridal shop so I could make the down payment on my dress. They didn't have my size so I got the next size down. I believe it will help me with my weight loss goal. I pay 87.25 every two weeks until the dress is paid off. Plus, I have a 50.00 off coupon I got from the bridal shows.! When all errands were ran, Cayle and I got something to eat at the Chick-Fil-A and we split it. While we were eating a lady came up and started talking to Cayle. I told her he had shots this morning and wasnt feeling very well. She left, and came back with a little bowl of ice cream and a little chick fil a cow just for Cayle, and it made him smile. It honestly made my day to see kindness like that. People are so mean nowadays. I want to call her manager and compliment on her. Its nice to know that there is still some kindness in this world. I mean..it's not like everywhere I go I'm insulted or something..but a little kindness is nice to see coming from a total stranger..I think we can all learn from that. That was another thing that impressed me today. Tonight at school was actually good. I had a client.! A lady came in with her 5 year old daughter. I gave her some highlights. They turned out great.! My instructor was even impressed which is hard to do. She even tipped me 3.00.! I know I did a good job then.! We had a test over wigs and hair pieces tonight and I only missed two which makes my grade a 90. And considering I missed all last week I was proud of myself. I'm really going to try and try to lose weight. I need it. I want my dream wedding. And I wanna be healthy. And feel better about myself. So with exercising every night and making healthier choices food wise and hydroxycut I KNOW I can do it. I'm very goal oriented and when I dream I dream big. Poor Adam..they're working him so hard..I feel so bad for him..and I think I need to think of something clever to surprise him..I'm not too sure what yet..but I can think of something. It'll take some thought. But I can do it. Not a bad day if I do say so myself. I got over a fear, set a goal, witnessed a random act of kindness, showed off my skills and got paid for it, and passed a test. Pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment