Friday, May 18, 2012

Good things coming this way.!!

Well..this is it.!! I finish school on Monday.!!! I'm so excited, so proud, and just so happy.! I can't believe the day has finally come.!! Not only that, but I go into work on Thursday to sign the paperwork. So the job is MINE.!! Not only have I finished school, I've got my foot in the door at a very successful salon, I'm on my way to getting my license and having a successful career. Things are really starting to feel like their falling into place, and all the hard work I've put into this is paying off.

Today I did some hair cuts on Troy's sister and brother-in-law. I was so proud of both cuts. His brother-in-law, Marten, wanted his hair like Johnny Depp's hair in secret window. He got me tons of screen shots from the movie of every angle of his hair..which made it very easy for me. I got it to look just like the picture.!! It's always exciting when you can get it 'picture perfect'.! His sister particularly likes her hair very short so we used the clippers on her with a 1 inch guard. We left the top a little longer. And she loved it. Marten said that was the best hair cut he had ever had. My technique was also different from what he described from the other stylists he's been to. He said the last girl was really violent with his head and didn't pay any attention to what she was doing. I fixed what others had failed to do. It's a rewarding feeling to know people are happy with my work. She even paid me $20 for the cuts and said that they wanted to come see me again. Clientele is slowly but surely building. :) It takes about 2 years to build a clientele base.

Tomorrow, Cayle and I have a mother son photo shoot at Coolidge park.! I can't wait. My old friend from high school does photography now. She charges $30 for a one hour session. Any place of the customer's choosing. And we get a disc with all the pictures plus edited ones. Like her on Facebook Haylee Robinson Photography.

Also, I've decided to pick up a new hobby that could bring in some extra money, but I want to see how many people are interested before I invest a lot of money into it. I've decided to make hair flowers, bows,hair ties (like the cheer leaders wear), head bands, hats, and blankets with ties and selling them. I got some ribbon to make a few trial run bows. But I want to get an idea of who all might be interested in them. I know a lot of people who have little girls and people who are pregnant with little girls who might enjoy these. And who doesn't like a soft warm blanket.? Please let me know if you or anyone you know who might be interested in stuff like this. It would help me out :)


This is an example of the type of blankets I want to make. I think they're perfect for anyone at any age.!


And this is a picture of what Marten wanted his hair to look like and when I got done with it...it did.!


Also, please keep Troy's family in your thoughts. They lost their dog of 12 years to an accident last week. RIP Sally.

4 comments:

  1. Soooo happy for you!! I can't believe you are already graduating!

    I jave a friend that made one of those blankets for us for Brentley's shower. That is one of my favorite blankets!! They really are cozy. And you know I'm all about the hairbows lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like it's taken FOREVER to graduate..but I'm so happy it's finally here.!!

    Great.! So that's one person who is interested.!! I'm going to make some over the weekend or early in the week and I will post pictures when I finish them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just am so happy for you, girl. And so proud! You are headstrong and won't give up!

    That sounds like an awesome idea. If we have another little girl I will for sure buy some from you!

    Hope your pics turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the term headstrong.! Hehe. Thanks girl.! It means a lot to know you're proud.!

    Thank you for the support on that as well. Hopefully you have another little girl.! I know you really want one.

    I think they will. She does a great job :)

    ReplyDelete