Friday, May 25, 2012

Having a better job makes me feel like a better mom.

Today was my second day at work, and I really feel like today went better than yesterday. I learned more. And I felt like I had a better handle on things. I sold $100 worth of products in retail in 2 days. And I get 8% of that. I'm getting some decent time in. And I felt very accomplished today when I unloaded, priced, and stocked 6 boxes of products on my own. My shifts fly by. It feels like I'm maybe there for an hour or two but when I look at the clock it's almost time to go. I always have something to do so I'm never bored. And I get to meet a lot of nice people. I feel like a better mom now that I have a better paying job. I'm expecting around 125.00 on this pay check. That's better than what I was making. Granted, I can still work my housekeeping job, and I think I will for a little while but, I just can't help but feel a sense of pride in myself. I'm proud of myself. I feel like I'm proving everyone wrong every minute I'm there. I feel like I'm doing better than most people my age. I'm 20. A college graduate. Working at my dream job (almost). And plenty of opportunities to advance. I still have plenty of time to spend with Cayle. And I get weekends off.! The only complaint I have is that I need better shoes. My zebra flats may be trendy and cute, but they're giving me blisters and don't offer my feet any support. So I think I'll invest in some better shoes ones I have the opportunity to. But I love my job nonetheless.

My BOWtique is getting some recognition as well. I have my first order. And I'm excited about it. I really hope I get more business soon. I plan on making the baby items for all to see soon. I just haven't had the money or the time to invest in it. But things are looking up. And I'm on my way to a very successful life for both me..and my best friend <3. My little man.


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are happy . I am proud of you too! You are doing so well!

    And one of the best parts is you like your job! That is important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I'm jealous! I'm 22 and still haven't graduated college. I'm finally finishing my core classes for nursing program!

    I love those zebra shoes by the way. I am an animal print fanatic!!! Lol!

    Cayle is too cute. I miss my little man being that little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney - thank you for all the support. I really love my job.!!

    Jessica- nursing is something i could never do.! I'm not good with needles or blood. Lol. You have guts.! Animal print is an obsession of mine. Peacock feathers too.!
    Your little boy is adorable.!!

    ReplyDelete