Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things are looking up.!!!

I might have a job at my dream salon.!!! Thanks to my instructor.!! Today I went into the office to ask if my instructor (Susan) and the owner of the school (Kristie) wanted anything from Kumo Hibachi place since I was going down that way to get my dinner. Kristie said "You're about to graduate aren't you.?" And I told her May 22 is my last day. She asked if I knew where I might like to work. I told her my ultimate goal was to get on with Regis Salon. She said "I can get you on right now." She knows the manager over there. She called to speak with her. She told her I was about to graduate this month and that I would spend my entire career there if I was happy. She mentioned that I still had to take my boards and what not first. When she got off the phone she looked at me and smiled. She said "Mandi said she would save you a spot". I was so giddy.!!! I can't believe I have this job potentially falling in my lap. My DREAM job.!! I couldn't be happier. I guess it really helps to know people in this industry. I'm so thankful Kristy got me this opportunity.!! I just put in my application and I'm going to call the manager tomorrow and schedule a time to meet with her and talk about the job. I really hope more than anything this pulls through for me. It would make everything completely worth it. And if I'm happy there I'll stay. I am not one to job hop if I don't have to. I am so proud of myself. I can't believe the moment is almost here where I will have a diploma in my hand.! I can't be happier right now.

Just because things are going great right now, doesn't mean I'm going to stop working. I still have to pass my boards after all. I KNOW I can do this. I've worked and worked. And I know it's about to pay off. I notice my skills sharpening. I made a ten dollar tip yesterday doing highlights and a cut. I got the cut to look exactly like the picture my client showed me.!!! I'm getting my feel for things and really discovering a deep passion for this line of work. I'm just so happy right now. And so proud. Wish me luck with this Regis job.!

Cayle is doing so well. We're spending the weekend together looking for my mom a mother's day gift. A possible trip to the zoo, and spending some time with Kay, her hubby Josh, and her brother-in-law Justin. We're going to make smores and just relax together. Justin and I have actually been getting a lot closer since the proposal of moving in together came about. I like it. I like having someone else I can talk to about everything. And since he's gay we have a lot of stuff in common..like our taste in uhm..everything.!! The other day he surprised me with a backpack FULL of scrapbook stuff he found for me down in Georgia. I was so thankful. And so giddy.!!

Things are looking up. I hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

  1. :D You should be proud of yourself girl! You are a hard worker! I really hope this job turns out! I don't see why it wouldn't. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete