Friday, November 4, 2011

Cayle's 2nd birthday.!

I made sure to give Cayle a great birthday. I got up early and made him a big breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, and....chocolate milk.! He loved it. After he ate breakfast I let him open his gifts. He loves the tonka race track and weebles the most. After all his gifts were open we went out to JC Penny to get his/our portraits made. I am so happy with the turn out. I can't wait to post them. The staff was great and I got a really good deal on all the pictures I got. Of course, I am not one to share my pictures to well so I got a big package so I don't have to. Haha. At first, Cayle wasn't so sure about getting his pictures done. And it frightened him some, but once he got comfortable it was all smiles. I get my pictures back on the 11th. I can't wait. After we got our pictures, we went to visit my dad at work. He was so happy to see Cayle. We sat and talked some and then went to lunch. I bought us Tokyo Express. It's a really good hibachi place for a great price. Cayle got his own fried rice. After lunch, we went to the Discovery Museum downtown and played. He loved it being just us. I got to play with him and didn't have to stop and talk to anyone. Not that I don't like talking to people, but a lot of the time I'm happy to just have Cayle for company. I think Cayle enjoyed digging for dinosaur bones and the water play the most. He does like to color some while he's there too. When all that was done, I went to Walmart and placed his cake order. Unfortunately, they can't make a little Einsteins cake due to copyright laws. But I got a cake to match the colors of the party. That night, my older brother and his wife came to visit us from Florida and we all went out to eat at Ichiban. Cayle ate fried rice and his very own pineapple boat. They even sang happy birthday.

But when Cayle woke up today, he wasn't feeling well. His temp was 101.7 And he was coughing and congested. He couldn't cry hardly or talk. I called the doctor and they told me they wanted to look at him. The doctor says he has a mild case of croup. And is putting him on steroids for 3 days. It breaks my heart to have him sick the week of his birthday. But for the best interest of Cayle and the party guests I have postponed the party until next week. Croup is contagious to small children and I would hate for someone to get sick. But if any of the party information changes, I will let everyone know, but please keep Cayle in your prayers and your thoughts. All in all he had a great birthday. Once this croup gets out of the way, he will have a great birthday party.! Below are our pictures of our birthday day together. Happy birthday Cayle. You fill my life with so much joy. I love you so much.!

Checking out his new toys.!



Opening his tonka race track.


Playing with his birthday gift.


He loves tea. Just like mommy.


Eating lunch together at Tokyo express.



Discovery museum.


Quack Quack.!


Digging for dinosaur bones at the discovery museum


The cupcakes I got for his birthday.



Daddy and Cayle.


Opening his Caillou Dvd from his grandparents.



Digging in.!


His pineapple boat at Ichiban.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he had a good birthday! Hope he gets better soon!

    Also, I love Tokyo Express lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he did have a lot of fun. I know he liked it just being you and him. I feel bad when I am out with a friend, I generally don't give her half as much attention, but it is so rare that I get to go out.

    I am sorry he is sick though. :/ At least it is mild though and he should be better soon. Let me know how he is feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete