Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Thanksgiving was a really nice holiday. My Granna was in town (dad's mom). She stayed with us for a few days for thanksgiving. She loved being able to spend so much time with Cayle. They were peas in a pod pretty much the entire time she was here. It was nice to see. For dinner we had turkey, ham, green beans, smashed potatoes, dressing (my favorite), cranberry sauce, celery stalks, sweet potato casserole, yeast rolls, and home made mac and cheese. For dessert there were 4 different kinds of pies, pecan, pistachio, pumpkin, and key lime. Needless to say there are tons of leftovers and I was miserable from eating so much. Around 8 Kay got to the house and we took one last look through the ads to find anything we might want to grab while we were out shopping. And after the ads we hit the road for what would be a long night of shopping. We went to Walmart first. I got a giant picture frame, a train set, mr potato head, color wonder, play dough, christmas ornaments, wrapping paper, stockings, a food chopper, a photo album, a small picture frame, and a few stocking stuffers and more all for 130 dollars.! I was only in line for about 45 minutes which is good for Black Friday. Next we went to Carters. I got Grace and Brentley a pair of pjs for Christmas. Then we went to Bath and body works. This is was killed me. It was hot. There wasn't much elbow room. And the registers were backed up and I was in line for over an hour. But I got some great deals. Afterwards we went to steak n shake. I got a spicy chicken sandwich and a mocha milkshake. I'm thinking after the holidays are over I'm gonna try to start eating healthier again. I feel so miserable all the time. But I got 98% of my shopping done. I'm very proud of myself. I have to shop for my Nanny and brother. Then I'm done. All the gifts I got are wrapped and waiting for Christmas day. I'd still like to get Cayle a few more little things. But I'll wait and see what I find. Next weekend Cayle and I are going to rock city.! I can't wait.!! I'll post pics of that, but here are the pictures I managed to get of Thanksgiving.

Helping pappaw make celery.



Helping chop the celery for dressing.


Helping make pie filling.



Playing outside before dinner.



Finally getting to eat :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! And they came out nicely. What kind of camera do you have?

    Sounds like you got some good deals too. :)

    ReplyDelete