Saturday, November 26, 2011

Things I would like to do before moving out.

I talk/think about moving out a lot. I'm just really anxious for Cayle and I to be our own family you know.? But I want to make sure I can make a beautiful yet comfortable home and not have to worry more than I have to about finances and replacing things if need be so I composed a list of things I would like to do before moving out besides getting a new car paid off, because that one is a given.

-I want a BIG flat screen TV for my living room. With a nice entertainment center to go with it. My best bet would be to try to get a TV black Friday next year for 180 bucks.

- I want to save up about 3 months worth of rent just in case I ever get in a bind and I need the money.

- I would like to go ahead and buy a couch if I find one I like.

- Obviously, I want to get all the house supplies I can right now. Even if that means they have to stay in storage tubs until I need them.

- A home theater would be nice.

- Picture frames, picture frames, picture frames.

- I would like to create a stock pile of cleaning products and home fragrances. Those add up over time.

- I already have color schemes picked out and they're pretty set in stone so I'd like to find things to match them.

- Basically stock up on anything I can that won't go bad.

I know this isn't going to be easy, but I think between car payments and not having to pay too many bills I'll do okay. I'm trying to find a car with a reasonable payment so I can still save and buy for a house/apartment. I can keep everything in storage tubs. And if we ever get rid of the stuff we don't need in my basement area I can make my 'dressing room' into a bed room and make the big room into a living room so I can put my couch up. I can't decide if I want a black or brown sofa. I'm doing an animal print theme in my living room whenever I get my own place. So, if I did a black sofa I would do zebra print. And if I did brown I would do leopard print. I know where I can get a couch for 200 dollars brand new. And an entertainment center should be fairly easy. I want my home to be something I'm proud of. Black Friday is good for not only Christmas shopping, but home shopping too. I was kinda naughty and I bought myself something black Friday. I got a giant collage picture frame for only 7.00. I couldn't resist. So, as for my color schemes, I guess I should list them.

My living room will be an animal print theme. And depending on what color sofa I choose will depend on the wood. Black stain or Cherry stain.

My kitchen will be black and red with SQUARE dishes. And stainless steel appliances. I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets so I definitely want things like a popcorn maker, a foreman griller, and a crock pot.! With a black dining room table.

My bathroom is going to be purple, grey, and black. With pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. Also with stainless steel soap dishes and what not.

Cayle's bedroom will be a typical boy's room. Cars and trucks. And depending on what size apartment I get will determine a color scheme for Cayle's bathroom. But if we do get two bathrooms his will probably be a primay color themed bathroom.

My bedroom will also be black and purple themed. I asked for this bed set for Christmas. I really hope I get it. I fell in love with it.!! The wood will be black and there will be tons of pictures everywhere.

My living room will have lots of pictures all in black frames. And wall decals scattered all through the house with motivational or inspirational sayings.

I know I like black furniture, but I just feel like it makes things easier match with. It looks elegant to me. I wear a lot of black white and grey for school too. It makes my make up and hair stand out, which is important when working in a salon.

This is the bed set I want.




I really believe I can do this. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Since you are going to have so much black in all the other rooms, you should go with brown in the living room. Brown seems more like nature to me too.

    I think your house will be beautiful. I suck at decorating. I'm trying to learn, but I'm not going to put any of those skills to use until we move to a nicer place. It's just not worth it here.

    ReplyDelete