Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday Ideas.



Cayle will be 2 years old in 3 months. And I really don't have many party plans other than the theme and his gift. I have a notebook that I write all my plans, goals, and lists in and this is what I have so far for his actual birthday (not his party) I am probably not going to do them all, but I'll pick some out that I like.

- A trip to the aquarium
- The Creative Discovery Museum
- Playground
- 2nd birthday pictures (these are a must)
- family portrait
- birthday dinner

I have decided on a toy box for his birthday gift. I like this one, but I'm torn between that one and a toy story toy box. This one would probably be a better investment since it can go with everything. For Christmas I want to get him some books, just because he loves to read. I found this book sling online, and I figured it would be a good Christmas gift. I want to get these storage things for when we move out. It'll add color to the room and I am assuming we'll start out in an apartment/ townhouse. They don't have very much storage from what I understand so this will work out nicely. I guess once again I am planning ahead.

As far as Cayle's birthday party goes, I want to do a little einsteins themed party. I am not much one for themed parties, but he's young and this will probably be the only time I'll get to do something like this. I want to do party favor bags. At one of my friend's parties for her son she gave out books instead of party favor bags because most children were too young to eat candy, and that's not a bad idea, but it can get very expensive. I want to have it November 5th. I wish I was better at planning parties. If I can think of party games we can play then we will. I want his scrapbook there. I can't even think of a good location. I didn't really like where it was last year, but I can't think of anywhere that's easy for everyone to get to. I hate making people go out of their way for a party, but I am seriously stumped on this one. Suggestions are welcome.

Adam leaves for a month tomorrow. :( I'm really sad. We've really been working on our relationship, and it's paying off. Tomorrow I have to take him to get his rental car for his trip, and I'm surprising him with hot coffee and a biscuit for the ride. Hopefully he likes it. You would think with him going on these trips often, it would get easier, but it doesn't. It feels like we fix things and now he has to go away. It sucks. But he does these things for us and I understand that, and that's what's gonna make him a good husband one day. We're getting wedding bands when he gets back, so I guess that makes everything official official. Yes, I said official twice. It's just hard to believe its actually time to start planning this thing. I'm excited to be getting married, and to be a real family, to be finishing school and starting my career doing something I LOVE. I'm gonna live my dream and its almost within my reach. I will be DONE with school in about 6 months give or take. I'm getting married next year. I'll have my family together all the time..not just some of it. I'm gonna sleep next to my best friend for the rest of my life. And I just need to realize how thankful I am, and take a minute to be proud of myself. Because I feel like I have come a long way. I really do.

Kay's bridal shower is Saturday. I have a lot of baking to do.!! My parents fly out to Las Vegas Thursday. So it'll be just Cayle and me for the weekend. Cayle and I need a vacation. For sure. I can't wait for her shower. It's going to be a lot of fun.! I'm so happy for her. We're going on our Carter's adventure next weekend. I can't wait. They have a lot of stuff on sale. And I am ready to say Cayle's ready for Fall and Winter so bring it on.!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You always have so much going on. I LOVE that book holder. Those are the cutest. Samantha just has WAY too much books for one of those.

    Those sound like good birthday goals though. I thought about getting Word World books for the goodie bags since you told me what that other lady did. That is too cool.

    That is great about you and Adam. You will have to text me some time. :) I am sorry he has to leave again though. I would be absolutely heart broken if Jessie left that much.

    GOod luck on the cakes for the bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they do it in Tn, but in Ga you can rent the voting precincts. That's what I did for Grace's birthday and the baby shower. Here it's a $25 deposit, then when you pick up the key you leave $50 with them. After you're done with the building they inspect that building to make sure you didn't damamge anything. Then when you take the key back they give you back the $50.

    ReplyDelete