Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spur of the moment vacation.! (lots of pictures.)

What a great weekend.! My parents were celebrating their 20th anniversary yesterday. And decided on a spur of the moment vacation to Pigeon Forge. It was EXACTLY what I needed. We got there around 3 in the afternoon. Our cabin was so cozy. Something about those cabins makes all my stress melt away the moment I walk in. They're so homey.! They're not missing a thing. And the view was incredible. Cayle was especially excited to be somewhere new.! That night we went to dinner at a Mexican place. It was delicious. And we went shopping in one of the outlet malls. I went into Carter's outlet, and went NUTS once again. But I got a great deal on clothes. I got about 200$ worth of stuff for 76$. Cayle needs a few little things but he's pretty much ready for fall.! I got a sweater dress and a black fedora. I've always wanted one. And it makes me feel like a rock star. After shopping we went and got a few snacks at the grocery store. This morning we woke up and went to breakfast at the Apple Barn. We go every time we're in the area. Afterwards we spent the rest of the day at the other outlet mall. That...was a NIGHTMARE for me. I couldn't find ANYTHING that fit right, or anything I liked. It made me so frustrated. I need new clothes and it's hard to find what I like. But I guess I can try other places around here tomorrow or so. Cayle got some new shoes for fall. They're black and grey sneakers and they fit perfectly. And I got him his first pair of Christmas pajamas. It's probably the pair I'm gonna wrap that he opens Christmas eve. That's a tradition I am sticking with. It seems so fun.! This weekend was exactly what I needed..not only did it relieve stress, but Adam and I have been working on issues. We've been in a bit of a rough patch, and it seems like last night we made a breakthrough. And he tells me when he gets home things are going to be perfect. So I hope he's telling the truth. Below are some pictures from my trip. There's more on my Facebook. :)












2 comments:

  1. I love that door! I've only stayed in one of those cabins once, but I loved it!
    Chris and I want to get one for our honeymoon when we eventually do get married. I have no idea how much they cost or how you rent them though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I wanna see a picture of your dress! :p
    That cabin is absolutely GORGEOUS! I could see how it would make all the stress go away.
    Nice clothes too. Cayle it going to have so many new outfits!

    ReplyDelete