Sunday, April 3, 2011

I never realized it, but....

I'm really into baking. And I think it would be neat if I got really good at decorating cakes and cupcakes. If I had the tools I needed I KNOW I could do it. And here lately I've been planning on making my first attempt at fancy cupcakes. And I think I'll make them for Easter. What better time to try.? Christina's gender party cupcakes got me motivated. By the way, I'm excited to announce I will have a baby nephew.! Hehehe. If I get good enough at decorating..maybe other people will ask for them for parties and stuff. That would make me feel so proud.! Being able to cut hair and make cupcakes.? What a combo.! But a very good one if I say so myself.I I also watch a lot of cake shows so that gives me some ideas and motivation. I would love to hear some feedback and your opinions of my new goal.!

On a side note, Adam and I had a great night last night. We went to Longhorn to eat. The service was terrible, but the food was good and that's all we really cared about. After that we killed some time in Walmart and decided on our center pieces. We are going to use a 5 inch square mirror tile with a white dish that has the damask pattern, fill it with purple and black pebbles, a candle, and tiny calla lillies. And around the tile I would like to scatter those fake diamond pieces. I know this description isn't all that helpful so when I have all the materials, I will be sure to post pictures.

Kay's wedding is 6 months away. I'm helping her as much as I can with her wedding preparation. Next weekend, we are planning a day to finish her center pieces and anything else I can help her with. We are also doing trial and error runs on her hair. Trying to decide on what would look best on her for her big day.!

1 comment:

  1. That would be awesome! I wish I could bake pretty like that, but right now I am concentrating on baking from scratch instead of making it pretty. I LOVE those cake shows though.
    Date night sounds fun. I have only been to Long Horn once, but I LOVED it! I don't think we have one close to me.

    ReplyDelete