Friday, April 15, 2011

What a day...



Today started out great..Cayle and I had a good breakfast and a very easy going morning. Then we went to walmart to find him some shoes. I found a couple little odds and ends for his basket including Crayola's colors bubbles and Reece's pieces carrot candy. I also found a pair of black tennis shoes that have Velcro straps. They fit him perfectly and were 11 dollars. I also found a summer outfit for only a dollar on the clearance rack. After the Walmart trip we went to the dollar tree to get some Easter cards. I didn't get all the cards I needed because I keep saying to myself..moderation moderation moderation. I feel as if moderation will help me budget my money better..and so far it has. We went to see my mom at her office for a few minutes before our last stop at target to find sandals. And on the way there..wouldn't you know...my car breaks down in the turning lane...I had to restart my car and pull it into the closest parking lot I could get to..I was less than 3 minutes from target..that sucks.!! My car keeps shaking while in reverse and idling. The fluid levels are all fine. I don't understand what could cause it to shake. But it really bummed me out. I dunno how soon I can get it fixed..but seriously..It stresses me out to the max when this kind of thing goes wrong..and it always goes wrong at the worst time..like how next friday my dress MUST be out of layaway..Easter..and school tuition payment at the end of the month.??!! Ugh. Thank you car for being a piece of crap. Adam came to get me today and we went to Krystal's and sat in the park and ate them with Cayle. This kid can eat.!! Then we got a cake mix so I could make the cupcakes you see in the pictures. And we watched tv for a little bit. Tomorrow he wants to dye Easter eggs with Cayle as a way for us to all bond. I had two boxes of egg dye so why not use one ahead of time.? Also, I've decided to start shopping for holidays after the holidays are over..for example Easter is almost here..after it's over they try to get rid of everything to make room for the new seasonal items so they mark everything down to at least 50% off. I can buy cards, decor, cakes pans, egg dye, etc. And not have to worry about it next year. It's a way to save money. I plan on doing it for all of the holidays if I can. I wish I would've done it for Christmas so I could spend more money on presents for everyone.
Today I had a ,what I would assume to be, pretty cool idea. Since I want to be able to do crafts with Cayle (or just do crafts in general) for the holidays and stuff..I figured why not make a craft box.? Like a big tackle box but filled with all sorts of things needed for crafts..like pieces of colored foam, paint, googly eyes, craft sticks, pom poms, a glue gun, and more.! That way we will always have it when we need it. I found pieces of colored foam at the dollar tree today. 32 pieces for a dollar. And they're all in bright colors.! I'm thinking about maybe putting them on our eggs this year somehow. I found stickers we plan on using as stencils for our eggs. They're stars.! And we are going to make polka dot eggs using regular round stickers. I'm very excited to start this craft box. Things we need for it are very inexpensive and I know where to get a lot of it for cheap...so there's another goal to add to the list, but I'm very happy to say I can mark a couple off my list. I found my camera charger, got cayle several new pairs of shoes, a couple new outfits, made some more decorative cupcakes (I'm getting better..please bear with me.) And I'm working hard to lose weight. So when I can cross more goals off my list I will. Opinions of my cupcakes would be greatly appreciated..along with everything else posted here. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment