Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I am a hair color guru.!






Okay tonight was a good night at school. I had a color client. And I love to do color. I'm good at it and I understand it. That may sound conceited but I feel confident in color. This lady has a natural hair color that is darker than mine, and one of her friends tried to make her a blonde. Okay, that is extremely difficult for one. And two, you can't go platinum blonde from black in one sitting. So this lady came to me with Big Bird yellow hair today. And it definitely posed a challenge. So she showed me a picture of what she wanted (color wise) and I took it from there. I put some low lights in her hair to break up some of the large chunks of yellow (can't call it blonde, haha) and to add some dimension. Then, I toned the yellow to a beige color. The before pictures (you can probably tell) are the ones of her in the blue shirt. The after pictures are the ones of her in white. But after I washed the color out I began to style it. This lady has very thin hair so I used a thickening spray to make it more voluminous. I used a root pump to give her some volume as well and ran a flat iron through it. And when I got done she was in LOVE with her hair. She txted me several times telling me thank you and how much she loves it and how she will come back for touch ups. I got a ten dollar tip out of it.! Nights like these at school, I really enjoy. It makes the time pass extremely fast. I enjoy making people feel pretty. I think everyone deserves to feel good about the way they look. I got most of the house work done today. And I surprised Adam by taking him lunch. I went and put a pizza in his car. I timed it just right. That way it would still be hot when he got out of work. He appreciated it. And that made me feel good. But I am exhausted now. That took a while to do. And I've been cleaning all day. I can't wait to get Cayle some new clothes. He needs them pretty bad. I want to buy him some baby converse. I think those would be adorable on him. I found something I'd really like to take Cayle to in the fall. It takes care of a lot of what I wanted us to do in fall in one trip. It's Rock City's Enchanted Maze. It's a corn maze. And they have a bunch of neat activities to do on the side like pumpkin painting and hay rides. They have food too. And one of my favorites..kettle corn. Mmmmm.! It starts in September, and lasts until Halloween. When it cools off enough I really want to take him. I think he would really enjoy it. Adam is going to be gone a lot this fall. It really makes me sad. These month long trips really suck. Especially when we have a lot of important stuff coming up in the fall. Baby Brentley is coming in August, but Adam will be gone. Our engagement anniversary..I dunno if we would celebrate that but it would be nice to have him here. That's October 2nd. Kay's wedding is October 8th. Cayle's birthday is November 3rd. And I haven't checked with Christina yet about scheduling parties around each others since Grace was born the same day as Cayle. It's gonna be busy but bring it on.!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Samantha's birthday. YOu forgot that. lol. Kidding. Anyway, nice job on the hair. :) Yes, I Love Corn Mazes. The one out in Athens is amazing because you actually get to go to a pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin!!! We did it last year. Samantha was in a bad mood because she was tired, but I am hoping this year she will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair looks really good!
    With the corn maze, just make sure you go on a day that is sort of cold because it is a work out going through there. And it's hard to get a stroller to roll because it's so tight and bumpy. Also, wear shoes and pants that you don't mind getting dirty. The little side things were fun to do like pumpkin painting, but the heat made it miserable :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and as for their bithdays.. I just checked and the Saturday before is the 29th, and the Saturday after is the 5th. Do you prefer one over the other? I really don't care. Or was could do one on Saturday the 5th, and one on Sunday the 6th? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete