Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm sun poisoned...or very dehydrated.

So yesterday's adventures to Six Flags was very eventful. We got up at 4:30 left by 4:45. We stopped for coffee. I knew I'd need it. The drive down to Atlanta wasn't too terrible..until about 6 in the morning. A dodge neon almost caused a 5+ car collision. I had to slam on my breaks because he almost his the car in front of me. He was trying to merge over without looking. And those big freight trucks scare the crap out of me. I feel so boxed in with them in the lane next to me. But we were waiting on the guy who had our tickets (dad scored us free tickets and parking pass) so we went and got some breakfast. We were almost the only people in the Cracker barrel. I love Cracker barrel. Afterwards we went and got our tickets. We were still early so we walked around k-mart until the park opened. It took 9 minutes to get to the park from k-mart so when we got there we were so excited.! The crowds were not bad at all.! I got to ride the ride I'd been dying to ride first. Dare Devil Dive. It was awesome. There was one point I felt like I was gonna fly out though. But it was definitely worth the drive. Adam really liked it too. He chose to ride the batman next. And that's when things took a turn.. The ride was fun...but I got extremely dizzy and nauseated. And no matter what I did..I couldn't shake it. I tried to ignore it..and we kept riding rides and it kept getting worse. My head felt like it had a heartbeat all it's own. I was hot and sweaty and every move I made it felt like I was going to lose my breakfast. We kept going though. There were some rides where Adam and I were the only 2 people on it. We even got to ride some rides twice. The one where I almost lost it though was the superman. They had you pretty much dangling face down through out the ride..I guess to make you feel like you were flying like super man. But it was putting pressure on my chest and stomach and I almost threw up. Afterwards I convinced Adam to get on a water ride because I just couldn't take the heat anymore. And after the very first splash..it was instant relief. I wasn't nauseated I wasn't dizzy. I was cool. And I felt like I could keep going through the park. But he asked for the time from an employee (we didn't bring our cells or watches or anything in) and she said it was 5:30. So we thought..wow the time went fast and we should probably go on home..When we were leaving we didn't get a stamp to re-enter the park we just left. When we got to the car..the clock said 1:30. And we were kinda ticked about that. We couldn't go back in and we had a whole day ahead..But all at once..the nausea and the dizziness and the pulse came back to my head. Every slight movement of the car made me wanna vomit. I had to make Adam drive because I couldn't. I was exhausted, burnt, and sick. I couldn't wait to be home. When we got back to Adam's place..it took all my strength to carry myself (more like drag) up the stairs to his bed. I slept for four hours..and when I woke up I was fine. But not even an hour later it hit me again. So I went home got a few things..went back to his house..and when I woke up this morning I had a fever. I needed to go home. I needed my bed. And I left. And ever since I've been home..I've been trying to take it easy..but I'm so used to going and going and going..it's hard to sit still. I still have spurts of fever and and I can't go outside without feeling uneasy. Over all it was a good trip..but Summer and I are sworn enemies. Once was enough for me..this just confirms that I am a winter girl. I like it bitter cold and no way else. As long as I can have my strawberries and watermelon in the summer..and an occaisonal fireworks show at night..I have no need for the season lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment