Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thinking of the near future.

I've been thinking a lot about pursuing some goals I have to take my mind off of how frustrated I am with school. I'm just ready to be out of school. I'm ready to pursue my dreams I have for my family. I have everything planned down to what I want to name my future puppy. But the point is..I need to do something to keep me on track. School isn't hard at all, but sitting there day in and day out with no clients is the hard part. Forcing yourself to stay is the hard part. It makes me feel lazy and I don't do lazy well..even when Cayle was gone, I couldn't sit still..I had to clean or organize or do SOMETHING. So I've decided to focus on getting Cayle a new fall and winter wardrobe. I like being prepared, and even though there is still a good bit of Summer left, I wanna make sure Cayle is prepared for the cold months. He's growing more and more every day and before I know it, it'll be time for new shoes, clothes, and jackets. If I buy one or two outfits every week, he will be ready by the time the cool months get here. He's in a size 6 shoe now. And some 7's. He went up a size in diapers while he was on vacation so he's in a size 6 now, but I think that's from him eating really well while he was gone. I'm thankful he ate though. He's been so picky lately. But maybe one day closer to the cold months I can make a trip to Dalton and go to the Carter's outlet. They have ADORABLE clothes and they're pretty reasonable on prices especially when there's sales going on. And I like to get him holiday shirts. Last year Kay went with me and I think that was what really got our friendship up and going. We've been so close ever since. I'm looking forward to getting Cayle some new clothes. It makes me feel good when I can buy things for him. I'm starting my Christmas shopping in a week. Six flags drained my finances, but I'm doing okay now. After next week I should be good to go as far as shopping goes. I'll do a little of everything. Clothes and presents. Gas and maybe a new shirt to wear to school. If I come up with a budget and stick to it, I'm positive I can do it. I eventually wanna get Cayle a toddler bed, but I'm kinda nervous about it. I'm scared he won't sleep in his bed all night and that he'll wake up way before me and I won't hear him. We don't share a room anymore. Mom suggested I moved to the den so we would have our own space. Don't get me wrong, I love being around Cayle, but this way I can stay up late if I want and not worry about waking him and the bed in the den is way more comfortable than my little twin bed so it helped my back, and Cayle has more room for his things. It's cozy down here. I have cable, Internet, gas logs, and a queen sized bed. I really enjoy it down here. I've been down here for several months now. It's like a little one bed room apartment. I've said it before but along with buying Cayle's new clothes, I have A LOT planned for bonding time this fall and winter. I would like for us to do:

- a pumpkin patch
- a hay ride
- rock city
- fall crafts (turkey hand prints & pumpkin carving etc..)
- Christmas crafts.
- buying personalized Christmas ornaments.
- discovery museum
- Christmas photos
- Santa photos
- Christmas parties.
- aquarium
- parades
- donating to a toy drive.
- learning a new recipe (this is more for me)
- making gift baskets.
- donating to a canned food drive.
- the night before Christmas tradition (i want him to open the book the Christmas eve and us read it from that Christmas eve on)
- Christmas pajamas.

and so much more.!! I have a lot planned. Hobby Lobby has their Christmas, Halloween,and Fall decorations out and I can't wait to get in there and look for Cayle a special ornament. I get him one ever year so he will have them when he's older. I wanna do everything I can with Cayle and for him. I strive every day to be the best mom I can be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Now you have me excited for the holidays! I LOVE family outings! Don't get me wrong, we go to parks and such now, but I Love the pumpkin patch and everything! So many more activities around the holidays! I was going to come get my haircut yesterday because we passed the academy, but I wasn't for sure you were there, and I didn't want to pull into the parking lot and just text you as I did. I wanted to give you more notice than that.

    ReplyDelete