Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kindness from a stranger.

Today was rough at school today. I got there and had an awful migraine. I wanted to go home, but I forced myself to stay. I had to take midol and drink some soda and just sit before I did anything. After a little while my migraine went away and I went on with my nightly routine at school. I do the same thing every night. I work on clients if any, I do my nightly practical assignment, I do my classwork, I sanitize and clean my station, then I end the night in class. Tonight it was right around closing time, and we had a last minute client. And he was given to me. This man was about 60-65 and married. And probably one of the most polite clients I have had in a while. He said thank you to every little thing I did from the scalp massage when I shampooed him to the very end. He really liked his hair cut, but our conversation was really what got my attention. He was from New York and tutors young adults to help them get their G.E.D.'s. He mentioned how mature I was, and complimented on my skills. He even told my instructor I was very bright and talented. That was just so nice to hear. It made me feel awesome. I know this is a little stereotypical, but to hear such nice things from a New Yorker was awesome. He was nice enough to tip me four dollars..when his haircut was only five. His wife was very nice as well. It made me happy to help him out with a good hair cut. I wish all my clients were as nice. Not saying I have bad clients..even though I do get an occasional rude one..but when people are really appreciative of my work it just makes the day better and makes me a little more confident behind the chair. All I can say though..is that I'm ready for the weekend. I need a chance to relax. I am so exhausted. I may call it a night early tonight. I haven't been feeling well for a few days. I wish my pictures would hurry up and come in. Oh yeah...I have 833 hours at school.!!! Whooohooo.!! That is way more than I thought. I'm over half way by almost a hundred hours. I'm definitely getting there. I'll be so happy to be done. It'll be 100 pounds off my back. I've also decided..when Cayle starts school..I wanna work two jobs. I wanna be in a hair salon, and I wanna do something fun..like work at a cupcake place or a coffee shop. Just something to give us a little extra blow money. And I know summers in salons are awful slow so I'll have to make up for the money somewhere. And I enjoy working hard. I feel better about myself when I do. When the weather cools down..I think I wanna start walking the track with Cayle. I can get an umbrella stroller and push him around the track. It'll make me feel better. I really wanna start eating healthier and getting into a healthier lifestyle. Not that how I eat and stuff is awful, but I can afford to skip out on fast food and cut out a few sodas. And I want pretty fall and winter clothes. I've also decided since I'm saving up to get Cayle some new Fall and Winter clothes, that I am gonna do the same for myself. As long as I take care of Cayle's needs first, I won't feel so guilty about spending money on myself. Lord knows I need some new clothes. I wear the same old stuff all the time. But I need to make sure Cayle is taken care of first. So August will be new clothes for Cayle. September will be new clothes for me. October will be Christmas, birthday, and miscellaneous things, November will be for house shopping and whatever Christmas shopping is left, and December will be the free month where I can splurge on Christmas decorations and fun stuff of that nature. It's gonna be busy, but it'll be worth it to get everything taken care of. I can't wait to take Cayle to the corn maze. Kay wants to go with us. And since Adam will be gone (I think) it will be fun for the three of us to go. We always have fun together. And I'm gonna need more pictures for the scrapbooks to come.!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that man sounds so nice! :) That must have felt good. And good job on your hours! have you added up how many more months that would be if you kept going the same hours everyday?
    By the way, how much is it to get a manicure there? I want to take Samantha to get one, but I don't want to pay like $30.00 apiece.
    Good plans with your money! I would Love to buy new clothes, like at an actual store, not just a yardsale or thrift store. Maybe they would actually fit right, but the stuff I want is like $30.00 a dress or $15.00 a shirt, and I just can't bring myself to spend that much.

    ReplyDelete