Friday, July 29, 2011

A fantastic start to the weekend.

Well today was great. It's always a good day when I'm with Kay. I got paid today. I dropped my brother off at weight training then went to Walmart. Money is tight this week so I won't be able to save money for Cayle's new clothes until next week. There's some stuff we needed to get today. He needed a new umbrella stroller because the old one is very beaten up. And I'm pretty sure..it's as old as I am. So I got a new one today. It's just easier than lugging that big stroller around when it's a quick trip somewhere. After Walmart, I met up with Kay at the mall. I got there before her so I decided to go in The Children's Place. They were having an awesome sale and I found Cayle a new pair of tennis shoes for 5.00. They were regularly 12.50. I couldn't believe it. I had a goal to get him new shoes for Fall, and winter, but I had no idea I would accomplish it so soon. I want to get him at least one or two more pairs. But they can wait. Next week is the week where I plan to really really save some cash. I am determined to meet my goal for Cayle's new clothes. But anyways...back to our day. After I bought Cayle's new shoes, Kay showed up and we went in bath and body works. I showed her the neat Halloween scented hand sanitizers, and I finally got me some gum ball scented hand sanitizer.!! We walked into Hallmark and I showed her the Christmas ornaments. It was so cool to see all of them out so early. We got bored of the mall and decided to go to Hobby Lobby. We walked all over that store. And that's when I realized...I have NO ideas as to what I want for our wedding. I mean I have colors and I know I want a darker edgy feel to it..but as far as what I want, I'm totally lost. They had a lot of scrapbook stuff I really wanted to get for Cayle's next one. And it was all pretty reasonable too. And their stuff goes on sale all the time. After Hobby Lobby we did a Starbucks run (no surprise there haha) and went back to her house. I wish I had my camera with me.!! We filled up the kiddy pool and let cayle play in it. Her mother-in-law to be brought us mexican food from this take out place down the road and we ate dinner. She had also found cayle a little desk at a yard sale and gave it to us tonight. He needed a place to color since that's what hes really into now. His high chair won't really cut it. So that little desk will be perfect for downstairs. However, I still wanna get that toy story one that I found. It won't hurt to have two I suppose.? One can stay here when I move out..maybe.? I dunno. Next weekend is Kay's bridal shower and I have to bake and decorate 50 cupcakes. I'm nervous about it, but I think I can do it. Looks like my cupcakes and cakes are catching on finally. I don't know what to get her as a gift though. I'd like for it to be something she registered for..but maybe money would be the best way to go..that's what she said she needed anyway. But it's a good weekend. Hopefully the rest of it goes this good. Since tax free weekend is coming up, I want to take that chance to get more organized at school with my book work. I'm already pretty organized, but I would like to stock up on note cards and highlighters and what not. What better time.?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! What kind of sale are they having. In fact...I may just text you. I am thinking of going to the mall tonight anyway. :p That;s awesome you get to make her cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete