Saturday, July 16, 2011

I love parties.


I never realized how much I love parties. Today was Christina's baby shower and I made the cake and cupcakes for it. Cayle was having fun too until it got close to his nap time. It was good to see some friends. And I was happy to see Christina get a lot of what she needed for Brentley's arrival. After the shower Adam and I stopped and got taco bell and sat and had a little picnic at the duck pond close to his house. We're planning on buying our wedding bands when he comes home. I'm pretty excited about that one. It was just nice to spend time together as a family again. I'm really trying to stay busy so I don't get so anxious about my photos coming in. AHHHH.!!! This is gonna be rough. I love photos and I can't wait to buy picture frames for my dream home. Mom and Dad went to the new flea market today and brought me home a neat bag to keep all my hair cutting stuff in. It's zebra print with purple trim.! It's perfect. It'll be easier to carry my stuff in and out of school. I don't leave much there because SOME girls there have sticky fingers and like to borrow things without permission with no intention of returning it. So I keep stuff with me. Everything at school has my name on it in Sharpie. Hahah. But anyways. Next Sunday, I plan on attending a bridal show with Kay. We're not letting anyone know we're going though. Her mother-in-law to be embarrassed the crap out of us last time we took her to a bridal show. She kept taking things you weren't supposed to take from the booths like fake plastic diamonds and flower pens and just little decorations, and she almost jumped on stage with one of the male models during the tux and wedding gown fashion show.! I must admit, he looked like George Clooney, but still.!! Act right in public.!! It was awful. We had to sneak away to bridal shows ever since, and so far, we've been successful about it. Also, does anyone know where a good pumpkin patch the in Chattanooga area is.? I want to do that in the fall and a corn maze. I need to do more with Cayle while he's at this age. I feel like we need more bonding time. School cuts in with that a lot. But I know it'll be worth it when I finish school. And I make good money so we can go and do those types of things. It just gets hard when I'm sitting at school by myself and all I want to do is go home and be with him. When all my finances and things get straightened out I want to try to do something fun with him at least every other weekend. If I can afford it. Twice a month. It shouldn't be too too hard, but I do have a lot to get ready for. Like his birthday, and Christmas, and I wanna buy him some new clothes, I just need to budget it all out. And I do pretty well at budgeting as long as I have my full pay I do okay every week and usually have a little money to blow. Carter's is a must though. He needs new clothes. I don't wanna have a repeat of last year. Adam and I had to run buy him a coat last minute. Money was tight then. But I'm getting a reasonable pay every week so there's no reason why I couldn't go. Being prepared is good. Like I said in my last post.. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Cayle either a toy storage bin and books for his birthday or a toddler bed. Then save the toys and goodies for Christmas. I haven't decided yet. Opinions.? I'd kinda feel bad if I didn't get him a cool toy or something for his 2nd birthday. But I dunno. I just feel like getting him something he can use now for future presents is smart. Or buying him a toddler bed would be neat so he could feel like a big boy. But I'm not quite ready to give up the crib since we don't share a bed room anymore. There's nothing in his room that could hurt him, but he likes to throw toys everywhere and what not. And there's always that chance he could find something and hurt himself. Advice.?

3 comments:

  1. You could always sleep in there the first few nights, and baby proof his room a little more, but I don't see there being a problem. He is getting to be a big boy. Samantha was in her toddler bed at 16 months, and she LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I k ow this may sound crazy but my son was just 3 when I moved him into a toddler bed. Ihe was comfortable in his crib and loved it!! I didn't move him out of it until he started to climb out. He is in his toddler bed now(it's been almost half a year) and he does good in it. He is old enough to understand that he can't get out of bed unless he needs to go potty or get mommy or daddy. My 2 1/2 yr old daughter is still in her crib and I won't move until she is ready! Hope this helps in some way:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does help.! I don't feel so bad about him still being in a crib and almost being 2 years old. Haha. I appreciate your post.! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete