Sunday, July 10, 2011

My baby boy is home and I couldn't be happier.!

They made it home safe and sound today around 3 o'clock. I ran outside and the first words that came out of my mouth were "Where's my boy.??" and he was in the back seat. As soon as he saw me he was smiling and that right there made me melt. As soon as I got him out of the seat I hugged and kissed him and he was just smiling. And he laid his head on my chest. My heart just fluttered. I was kinda teary eyed because I was so happy to see him. They brought me back a picture frame, a yankee candle (I'm addicted to those things), and some of my favorite nuts...pecans. They were already out of the shell and ready to eat. I am a pecan fiend. I know it. Every fall and Thanksgiving I get them by the bunch. This fall, I have a lot of big plans for Cayle and me. I wanna do a pumpkin patch, a hay ride, a corn maze, rock city, aquarium, discovery museum, and anything else I can think of. And this year...I might even get up the guts to try something pumpkin. I've never had anything pumpkin. Ever. As much as I love Fall and Winter, I've never had a pumpkin food in my life. I just never thought of pumpkins as something to eat. More for decoration. But we'll see. Cayle and I played and played today and we ate our dinner and I gave him a bath. I can't describe how much this bonding time meant tonight. It just melted away all my problems and I was just so happy to be able to do our nightly routine again. He had a blast though. And I'm happy for that. If anyone is interested..beach photos are on my Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Omg you have to try pumpkin pie!! That is my favorite Thanksgiving food. It is delicious!! I will force you to try it lol.

    ReplyDelete